SOMD fishing report and solar panel update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOMD fishing report and solar panel update

Ok, so yet again today i couldn't stop catching rockfish....sadly yet again i still continue to have the tiny bug and can't catch a keeper. Some of the guys got a keeper or two but not this guy. even after leaving Clarks Landing, Gary(YAK67) and i hit up my home waters and same continued. although i added a new species to my catch list. i landed a 16.5 inch WeakFish. Good thing i didn't catch many of them, as i might of kept them. and after getting home and doing some reading, only one can be kept a day. haha. i forgot to take a picture before i made filets but Gary saw it for witness purposes...ahha. now on to the solar panel report. Launched before 6AM by 0730 i was down to 80 percent but all of that was with no sunlight on the panel so didnt account that energy loss. after that i started to get some sun till i got off the water at 0830 and my power was 75 percent at that point. i then went home and launched for another 4.5 hours with mostly sunny skies. when i got off the water my power was at 64 percent. so as far as my understanding goes, if i throw out the dark fishing, i went 5.5 hours with it dropping 16 percent and I'm counting the first sunlight. a 7 hour midday run would of yielded better results for sure. i can positively say that the solar panel allows the torqeedo to go all day long. now most of my day was trolling at 2.5mph. a few times i floored it to get on a boil which does burn energy fast. I'm very happy i didn't buy a second battery and got this instead.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

There were 5 PA's at Clark's this morning to enjoy the opening of the Patuxent. Myself and Yak67 were the only human powered kayaks, and we were the only two with keepers - draw your own conclusions. On the down side the creek and river were loaded with floating grass which constantly fouled the lures. I can't recommend it right now because of this. Hopefully it will clear out in the coming weeks. Fish were definitely deeper than normal, 12-19 feet seemed to be where they were.
    Rich's setup is slick. I was envious of the wake he threw up heading towards the boil, and the fact that he can do it all day is impressive.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Will keep ya posted on the floating grass Mike! I plan on hitting the water this weekend; Saturday morning. If you want to join me, let me know.......
      Walt
      Heritage Angler 12'

Comment

Working...
      X