SPSP sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPSP sunday

After talking to surf in the AM and hearing about how rough it was, hit SPSP hoping to find some shelter from the SW winds fishing up near the Magothy. Drifted fishbites crab and bloodworm flavor, shrimp and nightcrawlers, caught a decent number of Jumbo spot and white perch, one single 14" croaker. Didn't catch anything until well past the light house outside of the Yacht club. Current was RIPPING. Buoys heavily tilted over, paddling and staying in a single spot. It wasn't terribly rough, but I don't understand the asshats on Jet skis that feel the need to head STRAIGHT at you all the way from shore, only changing directions at the last second to circle closely when they have all that other open space. Had the issue with large power boats all day too of course, but I have gotten used to that from the rich/idiotic fair weather summer crowd. Also, Sandy Point charges by the head, which I forgot. Cost $6 per PERSON from Va, eff that noise. Cost $12 for me and chuck which is way too much since we aren't using all the park facilities IMHO. State Parks should be free or cheaper at least.

better 5 bucks a piece at the coke glad you got some. thats the problem by the marina up by podickery point a lot of azz holes with water toys

Comment

TJ, Glad you got out there and got some pullage. 14" croaker... nice! Regarding asshats and big power boats is one reason why I'm hitting the local waters during the week after work. I'm after that 17lb snakehead! Oh, and 3+lb LM bass as a bycatch not too shabby!

Comment

Thanks for the report. The buzzers are in high numbers in that area. Reminds me of the Solomons island area. The boats and jet skies like to get up close and personnel. At least the Jet Skies and smaller boats don't throw two much water up. Now those 40ft + boats are the scary ones with there 3ft to 4ft wakes. I feel much safer hiding around the bridge pylons.

Comment

Working...
        X