Magothy river 6/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magothy river 6/30

Looking to head out tomorrow from my neighborhood ramp (grays creek) thinking rock, but may just perch. Anybody else planning on heading out?
    Green Team
    Future Beach 10' sit in - Lime Green
    Ascend FS12T - Lime Green

Might go out after work. Launching closer to the mouth.

Comment

I'll most likely be towards the mouth, but will be of the water around noon.
      Green Team

Comment

How'd you all do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't make it out. Had to work late =/

Comment

I left my community ramp around 6:30ish not yet sure what I wanted to do. I had my trolling gear for rock and the typical perching materials. I did set out on a personal quest and that was to paddle out to the bay. In doing so, I would also troll, but I wasn't fully involved in that. I made it out to the bay, did some shallow trolling in front of Gibson and just drifted around enjoying my scenery. Paddled back in and lit up the perch fishing around Gibson. At one point I was 8 for 8 on casts and catch, which was a lot of fun. I really need to invest in a anchor trolley for when I hit spots like that. I would have considered trolling back in on the channel, but there were 6 full head boats fishing withing 100 yards or less of each other in the middle of the river. All in all, I caught about 2 dozen perch, a great tan, and a new PB for paddling distance in the new yak.
            Green Team

Comment

Thanks for the Magothy report. Were you able to tell what the head boats were up to? Bottom fishing for perch or maybe trolling for rock?
              Regards,
              ST

Comment

Most certainly bottom fishing for perch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                Green Team

Comment

Working...
                X