Brenton Bay 7/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brenton Bay 7/2

Yak67 and myself hit Brenton Bay this morning for the first time this year. Should have been fishing it more frequently. We got into some small rocks within feet of the launch at Abell's Wharf. After that we pedaled off to greener pastures and found ourselves in white perch heaven for a while with some 14-15" rocks in the mix to spice things up. We decided to continue to explore and headed off towards a point. About half way there I picked up a 17 1/2" fish in a seemingly random spot. We quickly hooked several 17-18" fish before they moved on. We discovered there was a very nice hump there that came up to 6' from 15' around it. At the point we were back on the perch and found several very interesting ledges and humps that look like they should hold quality fish. None there today but definitely worth a visit. I put on a Yo Zuri crank bait and picked up a very nice 22" fish at the hump that had produced earlier. We left shortly after that as the boat traffic was picking up considerably and current had stopped moving with low tide. There are multiple edges and underwater points in this area that make for some very fishy looking water. Our FFs were lit up with bait just about everywhere we went.

001.jpg
    Lunch
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Good report- glad to see there are still a few keeper rock down south...might have to break one of my rules about not fishing on holiday weekends...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

First keeper rock i've ever seen from breton bay.....usually smallsville for me.
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
        ..... I put on a Yo Zuri crank bait and picked up a very nice 22" fish at the hump that had produced earlier. We left shortly after that as the boat traffic was picking up considerably and current had stopped moving with low tide.

Lunch
        Good job! I hope to b e getting his brother this week... We will see....

Best Regards,
        Stan
        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Good job guys....thanks for the report.

Comment

Good job on the success in BB. Never fished it. Might have to give it a try. I kayaked it once prior to me getting into yak fishing, its a pretty spot. Yak67 glad to see your going to do the white perch tourney. I'm really looking forward to it. Big Mike are you going to make the tourney?
            WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

Sorry, I don't fish tournaments, it's not why I fish. Good luck to you if you do. Give a shout when you want to fish down here, most likely I can fish that day.
              Mike
              Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                Sorry, I don't fish tournaments, it's not why I fish. Good luck to you if you do. Give a shout when you want to fish down here, most likely I can fish that day.
                Mike - I'll take you up on that offer later this summer. In the meantime, tight lines.
                WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

Working...
                X