Big Surprise - Rhode River 7/10/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Surprise - Rhode River 7/10/16

After an early morning chasing rock around the mouth of the Rhode River, I noticed a fin. Not a ray fin, a big fin. Upon further review just beyond red marker 2RR a school of dolphins said hello. After quickly reeling in my lines, I took a quick photo and a few videos. Yes, there are dolphins in the West and Rhode River. IMG_1054.jpgIMG_1058.jpg

Watching the video..."I need a bigger kayak"

Last edited by Wt541; 07-12-2016, 06:24 AM. Reason: Added Video

That's awesome. Sometimes the stuff you see from your kayak is as good as the stuff you catch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wt541 View Post
      After an early morning chasing rock around the mouth of the Rhode River, I noticed a fin. Not a ray fin, a big fin. Upon further review just beyond red marker 2RR a school of dolphins said hello. After quickly reeling in my lines, I took a quick photo and a few videos. Yes, there are dolphins in the West and Rhode River. [ATTACH=CONFIG]19446[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19447[/ATTACH]

Watching the video..."I need a bigger kayak"

Another view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgC9Z9JF12w

Comment

That's cool. I've seen them in the past down nr Hooper's Island.

Comment

Wow, that was great video of dolphins up close. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Yes, it was very cool. After the quick videos, I played it safe and left them and let them play. With lines in I went back up the rhode River, dropped my lines again and soon caught a cow nosed ray! Moments later the dolphins were behind me again.

Comment

so cool! thanks for sharing!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X