Fort Smallwood to Bodkin Creek Troll Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Smallwood to Bodkin Creek Troll Report

I fished from Tuesday Evening (4pm-7pm) and got ahold of 20 or so rockfish (schoolies) in the 12-18" range. Didnt bring any dinner home that day. However I went out yesterday (Wednesday the 13th) and caught 6 stripers ranging 16-22". I launched at 4:30pm and was done by 5:45pm. I only decided to keep one as it was the only one above 20" and I didnt wanna try to take in more than i could eat myself. With that being said here are the pics!

weather report: VERY WINDY and white caps galore..strong current to the west

DISCLAIMER: the lures I used are pictured in these photos. I normally dont give out the type of lure but I kind of have no choice here and I feel that editing the photo to blur the lure out is going too far.

BUT HERE ARE THE RESULTS!18inch.jpg18inch2.jpg22inch.jpg22inch2.jpg
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Nice job on the stripers. I don't think showing a Z-Man paddletail is giving away any great secret on a lure, with or without a skirt. Besides, the thing I like about this forum is people's willingness to discuss what is working and where. An individual still needs to go out and find the right water and fish, but if we can give a leg up towards a successful day by noting a lure that's producing then so much the better. Not like many of us are getting rich from our fishing.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

We all have our favorite baits- personally like the 3 and 4 inch Fat Sam mullet on a jighead- sometimes I hit it with garlic flavored dye to hot rod it...and sometimes I add a Redfish Magic spinner...and Sea Assassins are deadly baits as well...speed, depth, tides, water conditions are all variables as are bait balls and sea nettles...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
        Besides, the thing I like about this forum is people's willingness to discuss what is working and where. An individual still needs to go out and find the right water and fish, but if we can give a leg up towards a successful day by noting a lure that's producing then so much the better. Not like many of us are getting rich from our fishing.
        Agree.

I think the posts that are most helpful are those that discuss lures/flies/bait used. It's also good to mention the techniques you used to catch fish. In addition to helping those with similar fishing styles you may inspire others to try something different.

I try to show what lures/flies worked for me in most of my posts. I also try to give general information about where in the water space and water column I was most successful. Sometimes I state what lures/flies didn't work. I think that's important information too along with general information about the location and weather.

I understand that some may not want to reveal precise locations. Your favorite area may be a relatively small footprint and two or three others fishing there on your next visit could seriously crowd that space. However, fish swim. They may not be at the places tomorrow where you nailed them today. That's certainly the case in each of the many places I fish. So sharing locational data can be tenuous at best and relying on it is no guarantee of success. Besides, accomplished anglers don't need precise locations. They know that good angling techniques (already shared here by many posters) will extend to many locations.

I believe we should therefore welcome and encourage each other to share how we caught our fish.
        Last edited by Mark; 07-14-2016, 08:14 PM.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
        X