No announcement yet.

Romancoke, Sat 7-23-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that sentimental lost might be a good sign. Somewhere, sometime... you're going to catch a big one !

I like how you filet all that fish. I guess you then deep fry them with batter for a good chow down.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

man that sucks, ive almost lost rods taking them out of the crate rod holders now they all get leashes. tucked in lost a brand new okuma coronado that way not long ago, it might be a PITA but you wont lose a rod.

ha you never came to get that wp so i cut its belly out and used it to hook up a striper! i was drifting it for flounder but i'll take a rock too

Comment

I forgot all about that perch!

Also, I paddled today. Had a great arm/shoulder workout. I loved being able to use my storage hatch for tackle storage, opposed to battery storage. No excessive water in the cockpit...it was definitely nice without the 50lb battery.
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

COngrats on the striper too! I caught one on BW. It was a midget. mytmouse and I got tangled (dont ask). While he was untangling lines, a perch bit his hook. I handlined it in. A nice sized striper followed it to my yak...then jetted away. Cool to see that. yayy for polarized lenses
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

WP belly to get rocks?!? Hmmmm..... I'm going to have try that. I wonder if it's also good for blues and flounder.

Hey, you ever have it out ready to relief yourself and all of a sudden your reel screams? Well, it happened to me today. Never though it would happen.
            Last edited by tufnik; 07-23-2011, 07:29 PM.
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Metro...that is an amazing story about the train. Talk about "angels unaware". Nice mess of flesh, hope you enjoyed your dinner as much as we did.
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Excellent work, gents.

That's a good way to break in a new combo, Sam. I haven't caught any stripers since May.

Nice mess of fish there, Metro, and that train story is wild. Definitely keep that guy well-plied with spot. Sorry to hear about the lost rod. I've got an old $9.99 Johnson spincast combo you're welcome to. It's pulled in a lot of largemouth, bluegill, and pan-sized cats.
                Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

LOL, tucked in was saying that every time you go to do something else you get a hit, hapens all the time but never had it happen with my pants down let it run one way or the other

Bill you got to leave the sterile waters of the south and come north

metro i remember your post at the time on P&S good karma comes back to you 10 fold
                  Last edited by surfdog; 07-23-2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Nice stories, reports and pics! Thanks!
                    Sun Fishin'

Comment

Great job guys. Sounds like you slayed them.

Metroman,
                      That's a crazy story. If we ever get to fish together i'm giving you all my perch to give to that guy. Life is nutz.

Surfdog,
                      Do you free line the perch belly or put it on a fish finder rig? Also do you scale it before baiting?

Comment

Man it was a ball out there! I didn't take my cam and I just woke up from my "nap" that I took after I got done cleaning my fish! LOL Metroman wasn't lying about those horse croakers... The biggest one was pulling drag off my reel while I was unhooking another fish... I thought it was an undersized striper... heck it was as big as an undersized striper! LOL Got some nice fillets off that one.

We caught so many species yesterday too, it was crazy:
                        Bluefish: all very little
                        Spot
                        Croaker
                        White Perch
                        Rockfish

It was great! The weather wasn't even all that unbearable... Definitely gonna have to hit that spot up again!

Comment

went back with suskyyaker and jarrod and another gent i forgot his name (sorry) on sunday, the bite was slower and it was hotter! got into some nice croakers, had 1 on the stringer and hooked a doubler on my new okuma abf and med fin nor rod got 1 on the stringer and was going for the other and the bastards swam off with my stringer plenty of wp and spot cut up a spot for bait by no takers. i jinxed my self by buying ice for my cooler. everyone caught fish so no skunky odor. did you notice how fatty those croaker are almost like bacon

mmano, i didnt scale the belly and it was on a ff rig with 1.5 oz lead, 2/0 bear paw circle hook with beads and little spinner, i like those for top/bottom rigs

neeed to do a night trip there
                          Last edited by surfdog; 07-25-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

sorry didnt make it.

sorry i didnt make to romancoke, I had a doctors appt and found out i had some fluid on my lung and have been on a heavy antibiotic and am not allowed to be in the sun for the next few days. maybe bb next sunday early. after watching the video, I am stoked. where is dock G that everyone is talking about.

have a great day

Comment

Working...
                            X