Bay Bridge Tonight 7-22-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Tonight 7-22-11

Heading out to Gdock now, plan to launch at 1730. Jimbo is going to be there at 1930 if anyone else is interested hope to cya there. BRING WATER its flippin hot. I finally got the go pro mounted on the revo and set to 720 60fps hopefully i figure out editing.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

I might head out early tomorrow morning, 5am'ish, before the temps get going. It's just too hot, dangerously hot, to be out there when the sun is at full power right now.

Oh also if you want to render video @ 60fps download a copy of Sony Vegas Pro http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...rials/vegaspro (32 and 64 bit versions). You should be able to get a free trial of it (tied to your email account). When you go to render your final clip, you can customize the settings for file type and 30 or 60fps. A compressed low size format like Windows Media Video @ 60fps is usually good with minimal quality loss. I think youtube is limited to 30fps playback though so you could always upload it to a file storage site like filefront. Here's a quick screenshot showing the custom/fps settings when going to render as http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ardR/vegas.jpg You'll want double NTSC (59.94 fps) selected under the framerate option for a 60fps render.
    Last edited by frettr00; 07-22-2011, 08:34 PM.
    2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

good luck tonight and stay hydrated. It is nasty out there.

Post many videos.

Comment

Good Luck ....... be safe

Comment

I'll be out in my boat tomorrow, 18 foot sea pro DC with bow mount elec. If you need a tow, holler!

Comment

I fished the morning June 22 solo, launching from G dock. Started jigging before sunrise on the last of the outgoing, which kept running out way past the predicted tide change. Unlike the last 2 morning trips the jigging bite was pretty cold. I worked both spans all the way out to the eastern rockpile and back. In all, I boated 3 fish- all roughly 18". The livelining bite was also pretty slow until the slack tide and then I saw a flurry of fish caught.

I switched over to metal jigs and got the interest of the white perch, which I c&r'ed. I was hoping to see if I could get a citation but got nothing over 12". After I drank off my 2 L water ration, I paddled in and was out of there by 10:45- hot, sweaty and still thirsty.

Most of the live liners arrived with spot in their live wells. The few people I saw trying to catch bait were not having much luck.

Reluctantly, I'm going to give the Bridge a rest for a week. However, my consolation is that I'm heading out for 3-day float trip in the New River gorge in W. VA. I'll be taking my fly rod and targeting one of my favorite fish species- the smallmouth!

Comment

Working...
            X