Eastern shore recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern shore recommendations

I have next Monday and Tuesday off work and am contemplating doing an overnight trip to the eastern shore. I would fish Mon. Afternoon, camp, then fish Tues. morning before heading home. Does anyone have any recommendations on good fishing areas with somewhere to camp nearby? I'm open to fishing anywhere, but somewhere with trout, flounder, or reds would be a bonus. Would prefer bay side, but am open to back bays ocean side.

Still have to get the OK from the wife and clear weather, but anyone that wants to join for a morning/afternoon/whole thing would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    Kevin

2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Janes Island State Park near Crisfield is a great location to camp and fish. Just make sure you bring plenty of bug spray or a mosquito net/suit.
    Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

I agree with MD Dore! Crisfield is some of the best fishing on the eastern shore of MD. Let us know how you do!
      Zach Bennett
      Linthicum MD
      2014 Hobie Outback
      Instagram: YakinZak
      Youtube: YakinZak
      Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Awesome, guys. Thanks. That sounds perfect.
        Kevin

Comment

Things have been very slow in the mid ES bayside this summer, the water temp. has pushed all the speckled and striper north. Check with Matt at Seahawk Sports 410-957-0198 in Pocomoke before heading to Crisfield he can tell you if things have gotten better. Last time I spoke to him it was skunk city. Chincoteague Va might be a better choice, check Steve's Bait and Tackle fishing report online, also they have several nice campgrounds.

Comment

Hmm. Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll do some research and see what will be the best option. Am I understanding correctly that my Maryland tidal fishing license would cover me at Chincoteague?
            Kevin

Comment

I camped out at Chincoteague two weeks ago. Mostly just flounder were caught. 0 reds and everyone I talked to said specks were few and far between.

Saw some big rays, caught a lot of bottom fish, and caught a shark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Zack
              Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
              Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
              "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Ah, yes. I checked out your post after Chincoteague was recommended. I would be very happy to chase after flounder as I've never fished for them before. I'm going to send a pm about camping out there.
                Kevin

Comment

Working...
                X