Looking for bluecat spots...might try fletchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for bluecat spots...might try fletchers

Anyone have any other bluecat spots besides marshall hall, perhaps farther north? I'm coming from northern carroll county so i was trying to keep my trip at about 1.5 hours, not over 2 to marshall hall. Kevinfry told me to hit up fletchers so i may do that if anyone wants to join, or i may go to the severn just cuz its closer and i know the area pretty well by now. however, if anyone needs a partner let me know, i'm up for whatever, just want to get out. but again, if anyone can post any closer blue cat spots to me, that'd be great. thanks everyone.

A lot of people have success under the wilson bridge...launch at jones point park.

https://www.nps.gov/gwmp/planyourvisit/jonespoint.htm
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Yeah, that^

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Wilson is an easier spot to fish. Easy launch, and you can stay behind the pylons to stay out of the current.

Fletcher's is a little more difficult, but in my option way more rewarding. Guys down there consistently catch 40+lb cats. You don't see a lot of that at WW. Every trip I've taken down there someone I was with or myself have landed a 30lber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Zack
        Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
        Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
        "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by sega View Post
          Wilson is an easier spot to fish. Easy launch, and you can stay behind the pylons to stay out of the current.

Fletcher's is a little more difficult, but in my option way more rewarding. Guys down there consistently catch 40+lb cats. You don't see a lot of that at WW. Every trip I've taken down there someone I was with or myself have landed a 30lber

What do you mean by "more difficult?" More current? Harder launch? I've been interested in trying for some blue cats as well and have never launched at either spot. Thanks!

Comment

Yea it's a tougher launch. You have to drag your kayak probably about 15-20 yardsish? And the current can be tricky if not used to rivers. Also a veeeey rocky bottom. Bring lots of rigs

Zack
            Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T

Comment

Ahh, gotcha. I fish just below Conowingo dam in Harford county so I'm familiar with the pains of current and rocks.

Was reading through some old posts and saw that getting into Fletchers can be an issue. I drive a 2006 Grand Cherokee and put my Outback on the roof. I wonder if I can even get through the tunnel there?

Comment

Thanks for the tips everybody. I ended up going out on the magothy just since it's only about an hour's drive for me, and it was a solo trip anyway. No catfish, but I did catch all the usual Chesapeake fish, rockfish, croaker, wp, spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tptman View Post
                  Ahh, gotcha. I fish just below Conowingo dam in Harford county so I'm familiar with the pains of current and rocks.

Was reading through some old posts and saw that getting into Fletchers can be an issue. I drive a 2006 Grand Cherokee and put my Outback on the roof. I wonder if I can even get through the tunnel there?
                  Ooo yea you prob won't make it through the tunnel. Do you have a cart?

Zack
                  Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T

Comment

Yeah I have a cart. Able to park elsewhere and cart in?

Comment

Yup. Just park up top, and cart your kayak down. It's not too far of a drag

Zack
                      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T

Comment

Working...
                      X