Fished Newtowne Neck State Park Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fished Newtowne Neck State Park Today

After being on vacation I finally had the opportunity to try out Newtowne Neck this morning. Not a bad launch site into St. Nicholas creek, just have to carry the kayak about 20ft across the grass to water. I fished the edge of the park using beetle spins and immediately starting catching WP. I had to weed thru the smaller ones for the 9inch plus ones. I skipped a ton of structure that would hold perch just so I could cover more area since it was my first time fishing there. I was hoping for at least one rockfish and maybe some variety, but no luck. All in all its a good fishing spot and will definitely fish it again.

Keith, thanks for reporting. Did you just hug the shore or did you head for deeper water as well? We've been catching lots of stripers in Breton but they've been lurking in 8-10' near edges.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

On the way out I hugged the coast line in 3 to 5 feet of water casting towards the shoreline. On the way back in I went on the other side of the crab pots in the channel where there were breaking fish and tried a jig with an bass assassin , but the wind and out going tide had me moving to fast to keep up with them.

Comment

Originally posted by KEITHG View Post
        On the way out I hugged the coast line in 3 to 5 feet of water casting towards the shoreline. On the way back in I went on the other side of the crab pots in the channel where there were breaking fish and tried a jig with an bass assassin , but the wind and out going tide had me moving to fast to keep up with them.
        I bet those breaking fish were snapper blues. They were thick in the river yesterday. I lost a half dozen paddle tails to them while hunting for rockfish.

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
        X