Magothy 8/7/16 report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magothy 8/7/16 report

Fished the magothy yesterday from about 8am-12:30pm. Caught a nice 19" rockfish within 15 mins of launching (spriggs), trolling a zman. Thought it would be a sign of a great day but unfortunately that would turn out to be the only rockfish I'd catch all day. Trolled sporadically for maybe 2-2.5 hours total, mainly moving in between bottom fishing spots. Bottom fishing with razor clams produced spot, croaker (very small), and white perch. All fish were released, besides a spot that I tried to live-line near a channel edge (crabs got ahold of it). Would've kept the perch but my I've got plenty in the freezer still. Also met Don and his wife at the launch who caught about the same amount of fish throughout the day, not a great day fishing but conditions wise it was near perfect. I forgot my rod holders in the garage, and apparently don and his wife forgot some crabbing gear, just one of those days I suppose.

I was also out on the magothy yesterday as the same time. Did a little trollling for rock which resulted in 2 dinks and then hammered some slab white perch. All in all caught 24+ perch with multiple 10"ers.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Green Team
    Future Beach 10' sit in - Lime Green
    Ascend FS12T - Lime Green

Comment

Pineapple that's a ton of perch, care to share what you were using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

I am a spinner fan, all shapes and sizes. The others that were fishing with me were using rattle traps with similar success.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        Green Team
        Future Beach 10' sit in - Lime Green
        Ascend FS12T - Lime Green

Comment

Working...
        X