Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuckold creek / placid harbor

Hello everyone

I've been traveling to Maryland once a year for the past 4 years and will be up in Maryland again on the week of the 20th of August. In the past years, I haven't really been too lucky. Although one year I went out on a Party Boat off Solomon's and had an awesome time with the Croakers in July.
    Last year I went up to Maryland in late September and had a Rockfish on for a few seconds and was able to release a White Perch.

I have experience with Rockfish from the New York area, while I was growing up. I used to catch Rockfish and Blue fish up in New York and would really like to get on some Rockfish while in Maryland.

Any suggestions?

https://goo.gl/maps/uhLr5t7fn5B2
    Last edited by prfishin; 08-09-2016, 02:05 PM.
    TAMARACK 120 ANGLER GREEN

POMANO 120 GREY/BLACK CAMO

Prfishin, will you have access to a kayak? So far this year Cuckold has been very slow with only scattered rockfish and occasional white perch. I've had much better luck in the Potomac this year. Breton Bay and Piney Point have been the best for stripers. St Inigoes has reliably produced croakers and some sea trout. We are starting to see needlefish in the shallows which was an on switch last year for better stripers showing up, so crossing fingers it holds this year. Small bluefish have also shown up in numbers.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      Prfishin, will you have access to a kayak? So far this year Cuckold has been very slow with only scattered rockfish and occasional white perch. I've had much better luck in the Potomac this year. Breton Bay and Piney Point have been the best for stripers. St Inigoes has reliably produced croakers and some sea trout. We are starting to see needlefish in the shallows which was an on switch last year for better stripers showing up, so crossing fingers it holds this year. Small bluefish have also shown up in numbers.
      Unfortunately, I won't have access to a Yak. (I wish). I seen on Solomon's that they have kayak rentals and I would rent. But, I'm not familiar with the waters and wouldn't risk it alone. I'm sure that Kayak fishing would be so productive trolling for Rockfish and Blues.
      I really have my mind set on getting onto a Rockfish this year. I didn't bring any plastic shads with me on the past occasions, so I'm gonna be sure to bring some DOA CAL SwimBaits and DOA CAL Shadtails. Do you have any suggestions on the colors or any other lures I might want to try from shore?
      TAMARACK 120 ANGLER GREEN

POMANO 120 GREY/BLACK CAMO

Comment

Shore fishing around Solomons is almost nonexistent unless you have access to the Navy rec center. There is a pier under the bridge but that seems to be mostly bottom fishing for croaker which will be gone by October. We use 4" paddletails in pearl, white, or chartreuse to catch the rocks. I've never fished for them from shore so I can't give you much Intel but I'd try Medleys Neck park on the sSt Mary's side and walk out to the furthest point that faces the bridge. There is deep water in casting distance from there. Point Lookout State Park can also be productive.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
        X