Janes Island 8/7-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janes Island 8/7-8

Got out of Baltimore for a weekend of relaxing by the water and fishing/crabbing. First the bugs, no see 'ums and mosquitos were there in numbers but either the green flies weren't that bad or the wind kept them to a minimum.
    Evening 8/7, dodged a thunderstorm and spent a few hours fishing the outgoing tide north of Janes Island around flats and sod banks. Water temp 85 and maybe 1fow visibility. Landed 4 rockfish 8-12 inches on soft plastics.
    Morning 8/8, launched early and headed north again on an outgoing tide with water temps at 81 and visibility again about 1fow. Just north of the island I ran into birds and breaking fish unfortunately they were all 8-12 inch rockfish. Landed a few before moving on and spending more time around the sod banks and flats. Landed around a dozen stripers all told but the biggest was just 16inches.
    Afternoon 8/8 was spent hand lining chicken necks in various locations. My first time crabbing but I managed lots of small crabs and a 6 or 8 legal males. Lots of crabs in the 4.5 inch range so maybe they will be good this fall.

Thanks for the report. Hopefully the water cools down a little more soon.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
    X