breaker breaker at Piney Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breaker breaker at Piney Point

Went to Piney Point this morning. Had a perfect NE wind and and incoming tide sweeping through the bridge. Set up shop on the Potomac side and had a school of small fish working one of the banks. Played with them for a while and then cruised the flats looking for bigger fish. None were around so I put on my perch lure and picked up a couple of 10" perch on the flat. By now the sun had risen enough to be peaking over St Georges island to light the surface of the water. This was like an on switch as schools of breaking fish were everywhere. Unfortunately they are juvenile delinquents with no adult supervisors around.. It's still exciting when the water starts to boil for 20 seconds or so and then they disappear to pop up 30 or 40 yards away. If I had a child this is where I would take them for some fishing because it literally is shooting fish in a barrel right now with this large pack of fish and they seem to be hanging around. Just make sure there is current moving.

Photos are from a previous trip but I liked this one of the Fishinggod and his tricked out yak. Just follow the birds, they will lead the way.
    002.jpg003.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

didn't even see ya snappin a pic of me. and its not that tricked out here...i didn't even have the H-bar or solar panel installed. haha. but yes i would have to agree with you on the kid thing... if you got kids you should be at piney point right now having a blast. there are so many 10-14 inch fish there right now.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Working...
    X