Patapsco/Key Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco/Key Bridge

I had some time on Sunday and the wind looked good so I put in at Ft. Armistead around 4pm. A slow incoming high tide and west wind kept the water pretty high. I jigged some structure, some lumps and chased some birds that were on breaking fish. I got my two keepers by jigging but I had to put some time in to do it. The birds would alert me when fish came to the surface for what was usually a pretty quick event. I caught a lot of 12-16 inch fish under the birds. I jigged heavies underneath looking for bigger fish but it didnt happen. A shadow rap in ghost worked great for the breaking fish and I caught the bigger fish (relative term as the biggest was just shy of 22") on BKD's. FullSizeRender (3).jpg
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

I was out there in the morning and got skunked. The only birds I saw weren't on fish. Glad they woke up for you!
    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Originally posted by Nitefly View Post
      I was out there in the morning and got skunked. The only birds I saw weren't on fish. Glad they woke up for you!
      Thanks. The birds were just hanging out in small flocks and then I would hear them screaming and I had about a minute of action and then it would shut off.
      Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
      Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

Working...
      X