Can I pedal the Mattawomen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I pedal the Mattawomen?

I got lucky and snagged a camp site at Smallwood for the weekend. Wonder if I can pedal my Propel in Mattawomen? I don't have much use of one arm so paddling through a ton of hydrilla isn't much fun. I did that a few weeks back in Pohick.

The boats all launch there and there are plenty of deepish weedlines to fish around there. I think you should be fine.
    Green Old Town Loon 111
    Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

During high tide you should be ok, low tide could be another story if you are where the grass is thick. I sometimes pull my Mirage-drive out of my Hobie just before I run through the thick stuff. Good luck!

Comment

I would think a propel drive should be OK...I have used my Outback there a lot...Don't take it back in the thick mess, but you don't have to to catch fish- fish the weed lines and points...but this weekend looks pretty stormy with tropical storm coming up Saturday and Sunday- Monday looks like the best day of the holiday...
        Last edited by ronaultmtd; 09-01-2016, 10:36 AM.
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

You guys were right on the money. I was blown into some thick weeds when not paying attention and had a hell of time getting out. Also had to clear the propeller a half dozen times while fishing the weed lines , but it was well worth the hassle.

image.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X