Double Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Trouble

I decided I would put my Queen Anne's Co. launch permit to use today. I met up with some of the Old Guys around 6:45am and headed out into the nicest sunrise I have seen in a while.

DSCN4160.jpgDSCN4161.jpgIMG_0880.jpg

Any day that begins with a sight like this can't be a bad day! ​That being said, I was underwhelmed by my results at our outing this morning. The beautiful sunrise, not withstanding. By the time I decided to head over to another launch to see if it held any of last years magic, I had boated 7 fish not bigger than 9"s or maybe it was 9 fish, none over 7"..... Who can remember?

I've been wanting to get back to my favorite spot for a while now. I was supposed to fish it yesterday, but I had to make sure I knew all the places where the fish weren't, before I checked it out. Soon after launching, I quickly boated a 12"er and immediately thought to myself that even the dinks are bigger here. It was soon followed by a half dozen more before I arrived at my sweet spot.

I was hoping the birds would be busy and point the way like they had so graciously done in the past. It was not to be, but I was not concerned because I had fished it a bunch last year. I headed to my target area and soon found stronger marks than I'd seen in months!! I quickly boated a 19' and 22", healthy Rockfish..

DSCN4163.jpgDSCN4164.jpgDSCN4166.jpg

It was right after I released the bigger one, a buddy texted me, hoping that I had found some pullage. My immediate response was that I was getting 19s and 20s! I was ecstatic!

I chased the marks for about 2 hours and boated dozens of fish. I had more doubles that I've ever experienced. They kept wrapping my lines causing all kinds of trouble (not that I am complaining!) Sadly, none were as big as the first two I prematurely bragged about.... There were many, many 14"-18" fish in the water, eager to hit my paddle tails.

DSCN4168.jpgDSCN4170.jpgDSCN4172.jpg

While these fish are nothing of noteworthy size, it was great to finally feel like the pattern is beginning to change. All the dinks have been getting tiresome. Hopefully, these hot days won't stall it...

Tight Lines, folks!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

It does appear that the pattern is slowly changing. I mus say, none too soon for me. Good job.

Comment

Awesome report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Zack
      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Great job Bruce. Love the sunrise photos. Glad you got some pullage up north.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice report!
          Tight lines
          Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
          Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
          Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
          Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Love the fishing report, photos of the sunrise are the bomb!!
            Harlan

Revo 13
            Trident 13
            Cuda 14
            Necky Tandem

Comment

Working...
            X