Severn Fall Rockfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn Fall Rockfish

Anyone know if the Rockfish bite picks back up in the Severn River area in the fall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I caught nearly 100 keepers....and that is probably an under estimation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From my limited experience, as soon as the water temps start to drop, we should see the fishing improve. Am looking forward to to action soon!
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Heck yeah man!! Round bay is on fire from late September until it freezes over!

Comment

is there even a public launch in round bay or upper severn? dont see anything on the AAC map
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
            is there even a public launch in round bay or upper severn? dont see anything on the AAC map
            The short answer is no. The closest "public launch" is at Smith's Marine behind St Helena's in Crownsville. They charge $20 per launch; cartop or trailer, regardless of size. Needless to say, they are not "kayak friendly".

Except Jonas Green, all the other launches up river are private riparian rights property, or private community beaches, many of which have password protected gates.

I grew up on the north side of Round Bay (Linstead)and know the river pretty well. Except for some county owned shoreline way up River close to the headwaters, I do not know of any other publicly owned land for public water access.

This problem goes back a hundred years and more. No private land owner, or county official or state official had the wealth, the will, the foresight, or the magnanimity to grant public water access to those other than property owners on the water, or property owners living in water privileged communities.

It's too late now. Any suitable land with access has either already been developed, or is simply worth too much to donate to the state, or AA Co, or a non-profit such as The Land Conservancy.
            Last edited by Fishinfool; 09-11-2016, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X