No announcement yet.

Things are finally looking up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went back out this morning hoping to repeat, but the same area only produced one keeper (caught by yak67) and a bunch of upper teens. When I was trolling back feeling a bit dejected, I did run into a keeper at 26" so the day wasn't a total loss.

I didn't have my camera and I am clumsy with my my cell phone, so the pics aren't great....

IMG_0925.jpgIMG_0929.jpg
    Attached Files
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Still very nice fish. I went out on the Severn too this morning, with SUPfisher, and I had to leave for work around 8:30, and at the time, neither of us had caught anything about 17-18". Of course, a half hour later, he got 2 keepers. In your experience with the Severn, does fishing only improve from now through when the water gets colder than about 50-55 degrees F?

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
        Still very nice fish. I went out on the Severn too this morning, with SUPfisher, and I had to leave for work around 8:30, and at the time, neither of us had caught anything about 17-18". Of course, a half hour later, he got 2 keepers. In your experience with the Severn, does fishing only improve from now through when the water gets colder than about 50-55 degrees F?
        It was good to finally meet ya yakscientist!

The fish were quite elusive in the Severn this morning but when they turn on, they turn on. Kept my bucktails deep and slow in the channel all morning and persistence payed off. Wasn't my best morning by any means but limited with this 20" and 23" by 9:00.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
          Went back out this morning hoping to repeat, but the same area only produced one keeper (caught by yak67) and a bunch of upper teens. When I was trolling back feeling a bit dejected, I did run into a keeper at 26" so the day wasn't a total loss.

I didn't have my camera and I am clumsy with my my cell phone, so the pics aren't great....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20049[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20048[/ATTACH]
          Still a very nice fish!! Congrats!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

It was great to meet you too. If only I wanted to just burn up an hour or 2 of vacation time and go into work very late, oh well. I'm sure if I would've stayed a half hour longer, they would've just waited to bite another half hour haha alright I'm a little bitter. It's just the second trip in a row I've taken where a keeper has eluded me, and people fishing in the same general area at the same time, with the same baits, have caught them, though that's fishing. It was really nice being out there though, such a nice morning.

Comment

My girlfriend and I did some trolling on the Severn today as well. No keepers today, but I was grateful to get out. Biggest fish was a fat 19". I might head out solo later tonight to try again.
              Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Working...
              X