St Jerome's Halloween treats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Jerome's Halloween treats

Yak 67 joined me at St Jerome's creek this afternoon. High tide was predicted at 2:15 so we launched at 2:00 figuring by the time we got to the inlet that we'd catch the start of the outgoing tide. Neither one of us got a nibble on the way out and our fist couple of passes through the inlet were also unproductive, but the tide was still slack. I headed back in and caught a keeper.

004.jpg

Not the keeper I was expecting by any stretch of the imagination, but it did put a big smile on my face. After that we started to pick up a steady stream of 13-17" fish on both paddle tails and for about 45 minutes top water (I used a yellow and black lipless one that seems to be the hot color combo). The action was constant but it wasn't frantic. Just couldn't find anything bigger than 18" again today. Around 5:30 the current was really ripping but the fishing had slowed considerably so we decded to head back in. On the way I got a bite and pulled up another flounder, but this one wasn't hooked. It had grabbed the paddle and was refusing to let go, had the Z-man stretched to about double it size. All I could do was laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation as I tried to slowly lift it up. Needless to say it wised up and finally let go of dinner. Finished up the day with another surprise, a small speck

002.jpg

Now that's what I call some Halloween treats
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Better than candy!!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
      Better than candy!!
      LOL! Indeed!

Congratulations Mike!
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
      X