Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn 10/29

Hi Folks,
    I did poorly on the Severn Saturday. I launched my Hobie at 7:20 AM from Jonas Green. Environmental conditions great: air temp 45 degrees (or so), water temp 60 degrees, wind less than 5 kts, low tide 11:00 AM.. Worked areas across the river and back and down to Greenbury pt and back. Fished surface lures for the first hour and then paddletails until I returned to Jonas at 10:30 AM. Both trolled and spot casted the paddletails. I caught one 15" Rock and one dink Rock. I saw plenty of fish on the FF down around 25 feet or so, but got no takers. I switched from a half oz jighead to a 1 oz jig head, but that didn't help any. I guess on the bright side, there is plenty of room for improvement!
    Gary G

13' Hobie Revolution

Gary,

The Severn near Jonas has been stubborn lately.

You gave it a good effort.

Thank you for your report.

J. Rentch and I are launching there tomorrow morning. All are welcome.

Maybe we'll get lucky and entice those ever-present deep fish you saw to rise to catchable depths. But if not, at least we'll have some time on the water in a very nice location.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I've had a tough time near there recently as well, so you're not alone. I'm hoping it turns around, or they show up in good numbers close by. I'm planning on launching there Wednesday afternoon.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Gary,

The Severn near Jonas has been stubborn lately.

You gave it a good effort.

Thank you for your report.

J. Rentch and I are launching there tomorrow morning. All are welcome.

Maybe we'll get lucky and entice those ever-present deep fish you saw to rise to catchable depths. But if not, at least we'll have some time on the water in a very nice location.
        What time you guys starting? And what about maybe the Magothy at Spriggs. Did really well there fall of last year.

Comment

Don,

We'll be there between 0700 and 0730. We'll also be on Channel 68.

Please join us.

Yes, a lot of us did well at Spriggs last fall. However, to be honest I don't like the launch at Spriggs.

That's not to say I won't return, but that hill is tough.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            Don,

We'll be there between 0700 and 0730. We'll also be on Channel 68.

Please join us.

Yes, a lot of us did well at Spriggs last fall. However, to be honest I don't like the launch at Spriggs.

That's not to say I won't return, but that hill is tough.
            Don't know if I will make it that early but hope to catch up with you.

Comment

Working...
            X