PB for me on the Magothy Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB for me on the Magothy Today

I put in at my neighborhood launch at about 10:30 am this morning with a flat river and mild winds. Water temperature was between 58 and 60 degrees. For the first time this year I trolled a small white paddle tail with pink highlights on a 5 foot perch rod with 8 lb test--the stripers ate it up along with a green BKD on a bigger rod. In two hours I landed 18 fish, most being between 14 and 18 inches. However, I did land four keeper-size with the biggest being a 25 inch fish--a personal best for me--in Cool Spring Cove. The fish were hitting in water anywhere from 3 feet to 13 feet deep.
    J. Vail's recent comment about leaves fouling the lures held true today--I constantly had to check for debris.
    That being said, a few leaves were worth the action of the big guy on the small rod!
    IMG_0055.jpgIMG_0054.jpgIMG_0047.jpg

Well done! Great information!

Comment

Very nice. I haven't thought of trolling BKD''s, I've always fished them like a senko. Have to give it a try.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
        Very nice. I haven't thought of trolling BKD''s, I've always fished them like a senko. Have to give it a try.
        You can cast them and retrieve them fast too. That makes the tails bounce around. I tried that method once with Walleye Pete at the eastern shore islands -- it works.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Al - Congratulations on your personal best. It is rewarding to spend enough time in your home waters to figure out some of the patterns. It sounds like you are learning the Magothy fisheries well.

While trolling this morning, if I had not had any bites in ten minutes, I would wind in the lures to check for leaves. There were enough leaves out there to cause intermittent fouling.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice job, congratulations!
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Way to go! You are putting them work in and getting rewarded Tight Lines

Yak67
              2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
              2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Congratulations on the PB!! I was on the Magothy yesterday and did not come close to your success. Well done!!
                Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Working...
                X