Season finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season finally

Today most likely ended my season with rapidly cooling water and my Southern Maryland Old Guy (SMOG) partner Yak 67 will be out of pocket for a few months. Ron Ault invited me to Piney Point today but I had fished there yesterday with little success so I hit St Jeromes. Success eluded me at the inlet. Top water produced one scrawny striper and that was it. After a couple of hours of futility (trolling all over) I headed back to the ramp. On the way I trolled a bucktail with Z-man combo and 200 yards from the ramp caught this 16" beauty.

What a fish to cap off another great year. Now, breaking out the power washer to remove 6 months worth of fishing from the yak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Mike: Nice fish! Have a great winter 'planning season'....

Best Regards,
    Stan
    Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Great way to end. Still have that one on my bucket list
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Beautiful fish Mike! Ah yes... Taking off 6 months of fish slime is going to be fun! Lol
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Way to finish off the season in style!! I'll miss your reports
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Say it ain't so?? The Band is shutting down for six months?? It's been another great year with you partner I will be home looking at pics thru the winter to tide me over. That's one nice croaker you got there??? LOL Redfish

Looking forward to May already

Yak67
            2017 Hobie PA-12
            2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
              Today most likely ended my season with rapidly cooling water and my Southern Maryland Old Guy (SMOG) partner Yak 67 will be out of pocket for a few months. Ron Ault invited me to Piney Point today but I had fished there yesterday with little success so I hit St Jeromes. Success eluded me at the inlet. Top water produced one scrawny striper and that was it. After a couple of hours of futility (trolling all over) I headed back to the ramp. On the way I trolled a bucktail with Z-man combo and 200 yards from the ramp caught this 16" beauty.

What a fish to cap off another great year. Now, breaking out the power washer to remove 6 months worth of fishing from the yak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Nice red, Mike- I got into some footballs at sunrise- thick fish- heavy for length...I was home by 11AM- I am fileting a 23 and a 25...
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                Nice red, Mike- I got into some footballs at sunrise- thick fish- heavy for length...I was home by 11AM- I am fileting a 23 and a 25...
                I've been the red headed step child at Piney of late. Don't go and they kill them, show up and it's a ghost town. I'm developing an inferiority complex because of it!
                Mike
                Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice redfish. You had a good season. Enjoy the off-season. We'll try to keep Gary occupied with some pickerel over the winter.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Congrats! Awesome ending to your season!

Comment

Nice catch on the redfish.

Congrats on concluding a successful yak-fishing year.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X