It Should Be Illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Should Be Illegal

I honestly don't know how you guys that live in close proximity to the Chesapeake and tributaries ever get anything done. If I didn't live in central PA, I don't think I'd ever be home! I made the 3.5 hour drive to Annapolis again Friday afternoon to get a few hours of fishing in before dark and fished again most of Saturday morning. I trolled the South River and a feeder creek with 4 and 5 inch z-man opening night paddles on 3/8 ounce jigs. The leaves from all of the wind Friday made the creek difficult, but still, several fish were had including the one shown below. The wind died down pretty well and it turned out to be a beautiful night on the water. Saturday morning started cold, but nothing warms you up like fish catching and it was a great morning. There were plenty of fish to be had between 8 and 10 inches and between 18 and just short of 20 inches for the most part. Then, at 10:30 this morning, trolling the middle of the South River I hit a school of 18-22 inch fish. I couldn't keep my line in the water for more than maybe a minute without another hookup for 20 or 30 minutes including a double take down (I troll two single lines.) that produced and 18 and a 21. All I could think was, "This much fun should be illegal!"

Many thanks to the contributors of this forum and especially the guys that so openly gave me pointers and even shared baits with me at the Jane's Island and Fort Smallwood M&G's.

Fish.jpg
    Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
    2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Amen to that statement! I am an hour from the water and get to it as much as I can. We have an Unbelievable Kayak fishery with the Bay and it's Tribs
    Glad you had a great trip down and way too go. That is a "Football Fatty" as Ron Ault says.

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-13 Camo
    2016 Hobie Outback LE #217

Comment

Nice going bro! Beautiful fish!
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Nice work! ....and yes, very hard to not stay out all day every day!

Comment

Bill -

Congratulations on your striper success this weekend. I fished Church Creek from Homeport launch yesterday morning and had a real tough time with the wind and floating leaves in the creek. I found a few stripers in the nearby section of the river, but nothing like that fatso you show in your photo. Good job.

As you said "I honestly don't know how you guys that live in close proximity to the Chesapeake and tributaries ever get anything done." It really helps to be retired. Today was my 6th day in a row fishing and my 145th day fishing this year. I am lucky to have lots of launch points within 10-30 minutes of my home.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Bill,

I'm glad your trips south have been worthwhile and I hope to eventually join you.

Ironically, in my past I drove many miles on I-83 to enjoy the great smallmouth fishery on your Susquehanna.

The grass is always greener...

But I must admit that my plastic boats and numerous access points on tidal waters nearby haven kept my angling efforts closer to home.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

"Football" season is here!
              Bruce

Hobie PA 14
              Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Thanks for your report, Livingthedream. We did have some fun searching for fish in that heat down @ the Janes Island M & G!

Comment

Working...
                X