Lower Slower Nov 7th report- Piney Point- old guys club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Slower Nov 7th report- Piney Point- old guys club

Yak 67 and I talked Big Mike into going today...the cold winds were less than friendly- steady 15 with higher intermittent sustained winds...we launched at 7ish...I was slow getting my stuff together so I was a half mile behind the guys- and I was determined to get back to the exact spot I caught my 25 inch fish last Thursday- Yak 67 landed the first fish but I'll let Gary chime in- I kept on going past the guys towards the mouth of the St. Mary's River and St. George's Creek- when I hit the open water the wind was pushing swell with whitecaps and the tide was running against the wind building some serious chop- after a breaker pushed green water in my cockpit, I decided maybe this was a foolhardy and potentially dangerous quest...within a few hundred yards of my destination and after timing the swells, I managed to turn around and head back to less exposed waters- once I got back with the guys, I picked up a skinny 20 inch fish..catch and release today- freezer is full...we were catching a few quality fish scattered but still keeping us interested- the winds were relentless and Big Mike finally called it a day- tired of fighting the wind- Yak 67 went with Big Mike- I stuck it out another hour getting into the fish with a dozen or so 20-24 inch fish...lost one after a prolonged battle that was constantly running drag on my light spinning outfit that I had earlier used to catch a 24 inch fish- you always lose the big one but...anyway- being hooked up to fish in cold rough water...fishing alone got me thinking that maybe it was time to head back to the launch...another mini adventure crossing the channel in open waters, but it all worked out...home by 11:30 am...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

sounds like a good day!
    Native Watercraft Pro Staff
    2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
    33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
    2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Working...