Veteran's Day- Weems am & KN pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran's Day- Weems am & KN pm

Windfinder had it all wrong. Instead of 20+ mph winds the water was like glass for the 1st couple of hours, then it got windy. Tons of leaves in the water wanting to be rescued by my swimbaits. Another yakfisher was launching as I got there. I didnt catch his name. It must've been slack tide because nothing was happening. Way back deep in the creek the water must've started to move & baitfish were getting antsy. I cast towards the splishes & the splashes & started hooking up w/ feisty rockfish too small to keep. The bait was getting blasted at times but my topwater lures didnt get any takers. After awhile of getting pullage, I aimed my Hobie Outback towards the Severn River. The winds were howling there. Waves easily went over the bow. I trolled out to the middle of the Severn & carefully turned around & reentered Weems. I caught no more back to the launch.
    After lunch @ Hella's. I drove over the Bay Bridge & launched @ Goodhands. A quick 2- hr paddle out to the wall & back, I landed a bunch of dinks in minimal winds. I had some waves upon my return but nothing like those in the Severn. Overall, an enjoyable way for me to celebrate our Vets & admire the waterfront homes. My morning catch was around 15, w/ 3 being atleast 19", but not quite the 20" keeper size. Until next time!

You are a "Trooper" my man! Double launch and catching fish. Nice report.

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Nice report, sounds like a good, but tough day
      Jay

10' Green Slayer
      13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Glad you got out, the leaves are starting to be a problem. Looks like it might be that way for a while, I see lots of them in the trees. Next time at Goodhands, try the shoreline on the right at the mouth of the creek, it has been good for me this year.
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I'm glad to hear that there are still some stripers in Weems. For many years, I put away my striper tackle in late October and concentrated on pickerel all winter. I plan to do a bit more experimenting this winter. The leaves will continue to stymie local trolling for a while.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Oops, I forgot to add the 2 pickerel that got away.

Comment

Working...
            X