CBBT Trip Review Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT Trip Review Part 1

We hit the CBBT on Sat. about 6:30 - 7:00 after we all met up at Oceans East 2 tackle (Pinch, Yak Fisher, Grilled Sardine, Shadyfisher 85 and myself ) to get bait for our target species of sheepshead and spadefish, fiddler crab and clams. On our way out to the thimble shoal tunnel, we stoped and jigged the pylons before we made it all the way out, I caught a small blue, and Shadyfisher 85 had a small flounder. We tried for sheepshead and spades but all we caught was croaker. I was the first to come back in about 1:00 pm, due to the tide and me being in a paddle yak, while the rest of the fleet had hobie mirage drives. On my way back in I stopped and fished the pylons by the emergency pull off for flounder. Jig head and Gulp shrimp was the ticket, caught 8 flounder between 8 -14 inches, and went through 2 bags of Gulp, stupid croaker. About an hour or so later Pinch, Yak Fisher and Grilld Sardine showed up. I asked them if anyone caught sheeps or spades, they said we caught more croaker. We loaded up the yaks and got some lunch before we hit the next spot. More to come........
    '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
    '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
    Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

You should have stayed man... Next time we should make better camping plans.
    2010 Hobie Outback

Comment

what size hooks and rig were you all using fior the bait? fish finder rig?
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X