No Luck on the Magothy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Luck on the Magothy

Launched this morning (Monday) at 10 am to calm waters and low tide. Trolled my favorite spots near Ferry Point and Cool Spring Cove and Spriggs Pond for two hours with no luck at all--no hits, nothing at all. Haven't landed a fish in three trips in the last 7 days. Not marking any, either. I think they've gone back down towards the Bay at this point. I was encouraged by the posts in the Main Forum about continuing action on the Severn--may have to take a trip over there. Good luck to all--Al

Tide phase makes all the difference in the bite- never had much luck at low tide any where
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Yea, I think they've moved closer to Dobbins and the mouth. I did well on Saturday across from Dobbins.

Comment

Originally posted by cryptotek View Post
        Yea, I think they've moved closer to Dobbins and the mouth. I did well on Saturday across from Dobbins.
        Thanks--maybe I'll try to go out of Spriggs this week. Al

Comment

I was on the Magothy yesterday afternoon and failed to find any stripers. I launched at Lake Claire to a strongly flooding tide, fished the mouth and ran up to Dobbins. Nada.....
          Last edited by EMSer; 11-16-2016, 06:02 AM.
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

These fish, lol. I'm going out tomorrow around 1. I'll report back.

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
              I was on the Magothy yesterday afternoon and failed dot find any stripers. I launched at Lake Claire to a strongly flooding tide, fished the mouth and ran up to Dobbins. Nada.....
              What were you trolling?

Comment

Bucktail / paddle tail combos
                What were you trolling?
                Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

On the lower Magothy now. Cant keep my hooks clear of leaves. No fish to speak of.

Comment

No fish caught in the river today. But managed a 20 and a 25 outside the mouth heading toward the light house. Water started getting rough so I cut the trip short. 25 was caught on white 1.5oz. Bucktail with twistertail in about 18ft.

Comment

No fish caught in the river today. But managed a 20 and a 25 outside the mouth heading toward the light house. Water started getting rough so I cut the trip short. 25 was caught on white 1.5oz. Bucktail with twistertail in about 18ft.
                      Congrats on leaving limited!

Comment

Outside the Magothy

Originally posted by supfisher01 View Post
                        Congrats on leaving limited!
                        Thanks, SUP!

This afternoon I launched onto the lower Magothy again. It was low tide so I decided to head straight out into the bay. Fished 16-18 feet of water. The wind and water were relatively calm. Very little activity in the 18ft range where I was successful earlier in the week. The fish seemed to have move slightly shallower to 16 feet. Maybe that's a negligible shift, but that's where the fish were. Those two feet were a night and day difference for me today - at least for marking fish. The action was slow. Managed three fish in two hours, all of which were 20 inches on the button. All three were caught on white 1.5oz bucktails with twister tails. Nothing else was touched.

Comment

Working...
                        X