Beverly-Triton Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    Yep- probably my next fishing trip will be there- this time of year there are some of the really big ones hanging out on the ledges of the drop offs- secret is to anchor up in reasonably shallow water and fish the edge of the deep holes with the current-and have a float on your anchor line so you can unclip and chase when you hook up a big fish- fish finder rig with circle hook- let them hook themselves...I leave the rod in the holder until it is taking drag...
    Let me know the next time you plan to go there, we could get a group of us together. Sort of an impromptu M&G for those of us who want to brave the winter weather. Personally, now that I've got my drysuit, I like the quietness of a nice cold morning, no boats to deal with. But it's tough to pick a day with low winds.

Comment

Yep- probably my next fishing trip will be there- this time of year there are some of the really big ones hanging out on the ledges of the drop offs- secret is to anchor up in reasonably shallow water and fish the edge of the deep holes with the current-and have a float on your anchor line so you can unclip and chase when you hook up a big fish- fish finder rig with circle hook- let them hook themselves...I leave the rod in the holder until it is taking drag...
      Sounds like I'm in too! I just took a Google at the ramp there. Looks like a good spot. I'm pretty booked for the holidays but definitely interested in making the trip.
      gdm
      Gregory
      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
      2014 Pro Angler 12
      '

Comment

I would interested in heading out also, let me know.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Will do- it will be after Christmas for me...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

How's everyone's schedule look for the dec 31-jan 2? I'm off on that Monday, so anytime sat-mon would work for me. In the meantime I might sneak off to some stocker trout streams for some light tackle fishing/wading. Need to improve morale after being skunked my past 3 outings on the kayak.

Comment

Let's keep an eye on the weather- North winds or south winds come up or down the River at Marshall Hall so as long as the winds behave I am up for those dates...I need to get some alewife for bait- this time of year I use big baits on 8/0-10/0 circle hooks

Comment

Let's keep an eye on the weather- North winds or south winds come up or down the River at Marshall Hall so as long as the winds behave I am up for those dates...I need to get some alewife for bait- this time of year I use big baits on 8/0-10/0 circle hooks
                If you do get some, could you get extra for me, and possibly whoever else would be joining you? I would give you some cash, or other baits as a trade (nightcrawlers were the ticket when I was out in March). I also have a bunch of rockfish belly strips I cut from my keepers this year, might work. I am assuming you go somewhere for fresh alewife, most of the places I go only have frozen menhaden.

Comment

Play it by ear but if you guys don't mind a tag along I would love to get on new water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm good with any day Friday thru Monday.
                    Jim

Hobie Outback
                    TKAA member
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Weather as of now looks slightly warm, but probably raining sun/mon with more wind on Friday and Saturday. I will know more about my weekend availability after today, but I'm thinking Sun or Mon. Rain is ok as long as it's not pouring, since I'm in a sit-in, though I do have a pump and a bailer.

Comment

Low Tide is around 4:45 pm...I would launch around 11 am and fish the outgoing tide...don't forget to buy your new 2017 fishing license...

Comment

I think MD has 365 day licenses now, so I believe I'm good until Feb 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                            I think MD has 365 day licenses now, so I believe I'm good until Feb 2017.
                            Correct MD moved over to the 365 day license now. Now you just got to keep an eye on your expiration date. I would be surprised if the DNR would send out renewal notices.
                            http://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2015/05...hing-licenses/
                            Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

As of right now, I'm leaning towards fishing on Sunday Jan 1st. I am up for a start time around 11am, since that would let me sleep in a little more, and it's a 2 hour drive for me anyway. I usually prefer an early start, but in this case, I think a trip of 11-4:30 pm would be a good idea. Who's interested? Also weather looks to be possibly rainy but low winds, as of now, but the forecast changes daily.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                                As of right now, I'm leaning towards fishing on Sunday Jan 1st. I am up for a start time around 11am, since that would let me sleep in a little more, and it's a 2 hour drive for me anyway. I usually prefer an early start, but in this case, I think a trip of 11-4:30 pm would be a good idea. Who's interested? Also weather looks to be possibly rainy but low winds, as of now, but the forecast changes daily.
                                I'm in...

Comment

Working...
                                X