No announcement yet.

Beverly-Triton Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm going to bring nightcrawlers, some scraps from some previous fish fillets (belly strips, etc), and chicken breasts. Ron, if you're still going to get some fresh alewife, could you get me 1 or 2 fish? I will have some cash on me, and possibly donuts. We can all trade baits on the water as well, and see what's working. Last time I was there all that was working was nightcrawlers, but then again that was in March, and I realize I'm probably the amateur of the group. Looking forward to Sunday, should be a good outing, and a good start to the new year.

Comment

They don't have any "fresh" alewife this time of year- all frozen- IMO menhaden is just as good if not better- any oily fish seems to work- the absolute best would be to find some fresh shad with a castanet- but I don't have any- I buy mine locally- the Tacklebox in Lexington Park sometimes has fresh..Angler's might have some, but I am not sure...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Well I can bring my cast net and throw it around for a few minutes before we head out, not sure if it's worth it this time of year but maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
          Well I can bring my cast net and throw it around for a few minutes before we head out, not sure if it's worth it this time of year but maybe.
          I had the same idea about using my cast net. Surely there are some bait fish out there but in what sizes and quantities? I'm going to check with Anglers this evening to see what they have and there's a new bait shop in Edgewater I'l like to check out as well. If all else fails... Hotdogs!

gdm
          Gregory
          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
          2014 Pro Angler 12
          '

Comment

Well...been waiting to see how this went, but I got to call it now- I have had a sinus infection/upper respitory infection for over a month- been to the doctor twice and had two RXs with heavy-duty antibiotics...get some better then bam! it comes back with a vengeance...nose runs like a facet, face hurts but the one thing that is most concerning is vertigo...I am going to have to bail on the fishing trip, fellas...hate to do it and I waited until today to see if I was going to be able to go, but it just ain't in the cards...wife is on me like a hair shirt not to go...

Comment

Hope you feel better soon Ron, the catfish will be waiting for you when you get back out.
              Jim

Hobie Outback
              TKAA member
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Take care Ron. I personally know how those illnesses can come back with a vengeance until you get rid of it for good.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                  Well...been waiting to see how this went, but I got to call it now- I have had a sinus infection/upper respitory infection for over a month- been to the doctor twice and had two RXs with heavy-duty antibiotics...get some better then bam! it comes back with a vengeance...nose runs like a facet, face hurts but the one thing that is most concerning is vertigo...I am going to have to bail on the fishing trip, fellas...hate to do it and I waited until today to see if I was going to be able to go, but it just ain't in the cards...wife is on me like a hair shirt not to go...
                  Ron, sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Good health is nothing to play with. Hope you feel better real soon. As for the rest of us... I plan on being at Marshall boat landing in time to launch at 11 am. It's about and hour and 15 minute drive for me. I've never fished there so I'm just looking for drop offs, holes and structure. I will have VHF radio on channel 68. Hope to see a good turn out tomorrow.

gdm
                  Gregory
                  ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                  2014 Pro Angler 12
                  '

Comment

Yep will see you all there. I should get there sometime between 10-11, it's about a 2 hour drive for me, and it usually takes me a good half hour to get the kayak prepped and in the water. Ron, I hope you feel better, and I look forward to meeting you in the future. I will also be on vhf channel 68, but will probably just wait at the launch for someone else to show up before i launch myself, unless i hear over the radio that you all got an earlier start. I'm going to head out to the same spot i caught fish in march, unless there are other more recent hotspots which we can discuss upon arrival. here's to the first safe, and hopefully successful, outing of 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
                      Ron, sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Good health is nothing to play with. Hope you feel better real soon. As for the rest of us... I plan on being at Marshall boat landing in time to launch at 11 am. It's about and hour and 15 minute drive for me. I've never fished there so I'm just looking for drop offs, holes and structure. I will have VHF radio on channel 68. Hope to see a good turn out tomorrow.

gdm
                      Head downstream and across to the channel marker it is a 53 foot deep channel...I had planned to anchor in the 8-12 fow and fish the edge of the deep channel- if you don't get fish in the first half hour or so, pull in your anchor and move down stream a hundred yards or so and anchor up and try there It sometimes takes me a few before I find the fish- in the winter time the fish don't move as much as they do in the summer- Big bait, big fish- fish finder rig- reel in free spool with clicker on...catch a big one for me...

Comment

I will be there around 10:00 to get set up.
                        Jim

Hobie Outback
                        TKAA member
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

I won't be able to make it. Post pictures and have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a great day out! The bite was slow but the reward was great. I think we caught about 18 to 25 Blues between the 3 of us. YakScientist needs to post a pic of that monster he got, but here are a few keepers I just finished filleting

Just another day in the sun...
                            Gregory
                            ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                            2014 Pro Angler 12
                            '

Comment

Glad you guys got into them

Comment

Wow! This is so awesome to see at the time of year when most of us are just dreaming about spring to come. Makes me want go out right now! Well done and congrats! Hope to see more pics of the rest of your catches!

Comment

Working...
                                X