Topwater Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topwater Fun

Got out on the lower Susky for a bit yesterday evening. Lots of topwater fun. Perfect evening to be in a kayak. Most of the fish I caught were in the 16-18" range. I had a few that were very close to keeper size but since I managed to leave my cooler at home they all went back without a hard measure. My friends were in a jon and they managed 3 keepers, one of which was a bit over 24". It seems like the smaller fish were further up in the rocks where I was. Maybe not keepers but I love a feisty striper in the current in 1-3' of water. Some of the fish were so shallow that I could see them coming for the plug. The Smack it Jr. outperformed my usual go to which is a Storm Chug Bug. I didn't keep count but I do have a sore shoulder and a roughed up left thumb. At one point it was a hook up or blow up every cast for what seemed like 20 minutes or so.

IMG_3125.JPG
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Nice report Backdoc. Did my first top water this year and loved it. Great area you must be fishing to find fish that size so shallow??

Yak67
    2017 HobiePA-12 Camo
    2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Love top water action. There is something primal about watching your bait get smacked in the air multiple times and then the hook up. Glad you had a late season day to enjoy it.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
      X