Patapsco 11/18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco 11/18-19

Friday afternoon I got out around 1 on the Patapsco. Low tide was at 3, so was hoping to catch some action on the fall. I was trolling a 4" XRAP and a 6" Windcheater. Figured my best chance was on the XRAP, but hey, maybe something big would be lurking around and go for the fat bait, eh?

The rod with the Windcheater went off in about 11' of water and I had visions of my first 30"+ fish on the kayak. Alas, it wasn't to be, but this guy came in at 24. Not bad.

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 11.16.15 AM.jpg

Nothing doing at low tide, of course, but I stayed out hoping to have some fun on the evening bite. I had 2 takedowns on the XRAP as the sun was setting. Both felt like keeper fish, but both also threw the hook. Quite a bummer.

After losing those 2, I was champing at the bit to get back out there, so I went again this morning (same spot). High tide was at 10, and I got out at 7. No wind, glassy water - perfect conditions.

So of course, the fish didn't want to play. Of course.

There were birds working breaking fish all over - I zig zagged through birds & breakers for a good 2 hours. Anywhere from 6-16 feet of water. Trolling the same lures as Friday, but with a white bucktail with a twisty tail as well (when I get frustrated, I throw out 3 lines). NOTHING. Zilch. Nada. The wind started to pick up right around 10 (as it was forecast to), so I headed in completely empty-handed. Looks like we're in for a few days of gusts, so who knows when I'll get out again.
    2018 Hobie Compass

Thanks for the report! Fish can be so unpredictable indeed. One day here, next day can be as if they never came....
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
    X