Bay Bridge 11/18/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 11/18/2016

So me and a buddy(his idea) decided to hit the bay bridge. It was a beautiful day, calm winds, and a first time for me fishing the bridge(sad considering its 15 minutes from me). Started out trolling some white bucktails with white paddle tails. First action of the day was one of my rods getting slammed, proceeded by drag being ripped out. I reached back, picked up the rod, and was greeted by a headshake and then a fishless line. Secong hit came a few minutes later and ended up being a 16". Paddled out to the 2nd rock island on the right(assuming your launching from sandy point). There were a ton of boats working the area. I found a huge suspended school of fish and began jigging a spoon. Needless to say, I lost count, with an average of 12"-14" fish. They were schooled up so much that I foul hooked several of them. It was a blast. Eventually I started back toward Sandy Point, hoping to have another encounter with the one that got away. All in all it was a great day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sweet! Great to hear!
    2018 Hobie Compass

Comment

Nice report, glad the boats didn't venture over to scare the fish away.

Yak67
      2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
      2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Originally posted by dtandrade View Post
        So me and a buddy(his idea) decided to hit the bay bridge. It was a beautiful day, calm winds, and a first time for me fishing the bridge(sad considering its 15 minutes from me). Started out trolling some white bucktails with white paddle tails. First action of the day was one of my rods getting slammed, proceeded by drag being ripped out. I reached back, picked up the rod, and was greeted by a headshake and then a fishless line. Secong hit came a few minutes later and ended up being a 16". Paddled out to the 2nd rock island on the right(assuming your launching from sandy point). There were a ton of boats working the area. I found a huge suspended school of fish and began jigging a spoon. Needless to say, I lost count, with an average of 12"-14" fish. They were schooled up so much that I foul hooked several of them. It was a blast. Eventually I started back toward Sandy Point, hoping to have another encounter with the one that got away. All in all it was a great day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
        I'm glad you had such great luck. I've been looking to get out to the bridge and try my luck. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this Thanksgiving.

gdm
        Gregory
        ​Ain't Misbehavin'
        2014 Pro Angler 12
        '

Comment

Working...
        X