Lower Magothy Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Magothy Report

Launched onto the lower Magothy just before 1pm today, which was the tail end of the incoming tide. Much less debris in the river compared to the weekend. Even so, I opted to head to the bay first while trolling four rods. Bucktail/twisters and shad/jighead combos, all white.

First fish of the day was a 17 and then soon after a 20 inch in about 16ft of water. Action was slow on the bay and no birds in sight except the occasional stray. I headed back into the Magothy and went around the point to the right. That's when a rod slammed and pulled drag. Got the fish boatside, had a look, and then he threw the hook. I estimated him to be around 25inches. Spirits were down until I made a loop so I could pass over the same area. Fish on again. This time a 27 - caught on a 3/4oz. bucktail with white twister in about 10 ft of water. The fish must have been hanging just inside the river for the incoming... makes sense. Of course, a boat observed me fighting and landing the 27. After that the boat started doing the same small loop. No fish until the boat gave up and left. Snagged one more 24 and then called it a day.20161123_164205.jpg

Boo about the boat crowding in on you!

Comment

Boo on the boats but awesome job on the fish. Where did you launch from? Spriggs Farm Park?
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Yea, the boat gave me a chuckle. I launched out of Cape St. Claire.

Comment

Working...
        X