south river 8/2/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• south river 8/2/11

went out in the south 2day and cot 5 croakers,biggest at 15 in and 14 spot, biggest at 10.5 inches.cot arounder 30 blues on live mud minnows and one 24.5 inch striper on a smackit black top,silver bottom topwater plug

Sheesh. You're becoming quite a machine.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

^agreed
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
        Sheesh. You're becoming quite a machine.
        this is my summer dialy routine. haha.i got braces 2day and im in alot of pain.dont know if ill go out 2morrow

Comment

Good fishin! I am still looking for a keeper striper for the season!!

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
            Good fishin! I am still looking for a keeper striper for the season!!
            +1
            2012 Hobie Revo 13'
            2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Andrew, you did better than me. I trolled around for quite sometime this afternoon. I trolled cranks, spoons and bucktails, not a thing. I had one hit which I lost near the kayak. I think it was a small blue. I did stop with some fishbites and got a few spot near #6. I left my bloodworms on the garage workbench. My african cichlids will enjoy those. I did see some birds working, but it was menhaden on the surface without anything under them. I trolled around them for quite some time without a strike. I didn't see anything driving through the bait. I was marking some huge schools of menhaden. They are quite a range of sizes, from what I saw near the surface and the large one I snagged with a spoon.

The most excitement that I had was watching all the action around the boat that was sinking near Selby. The tow boats were still working on it when I left, just before dark. I think it actually did sink, but the operator made it onto a shallow bar, for it to rest on bottom.

Comment

i fished from 12 to 6..i wonder why i didnt see u.did u troll the clark sppon rig i told u about?

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
                  i fished from 12 to 6..i wonder why i didnt see u.did u troll the clark sppon rig i told u about?
                  No, a small Tony and then a small nickel plated Daredeval. What type boat were you in, or kayak. I didn't see any other kayaks. I almost went out to the light house but decided to fish my ususal locations. No luck. I didn't see any bluefish busting bait. There are menhaden everywhere.

I did try a one once parachute that Maurice gave me. It looked so good I almost jumped in the water a ate it my self. No luck on that either. It is a lure that a friend of his made, small for fall fishing.

Don't let those braces hold you back. I think the only thing that will stop you from fishing is 8th grade.
                  Last edited by DOGFISH; 08-03-2011, 10:39 AM.

Comment

how big were the blues?
                    Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Thought I would post a photo of the sinking boat, as I have no photos of any photo worthy fish for yesterday.

I would not want this guy's tow boat bill.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
                        how big were the blues?
                        biggest blue yesterday was 17 inches. and around 2 pounds.a nice blues even in the ocean.cot on a mud minnows under a float

Comment

i was in selbybay.and acros from thomas point.fishing in around 15 foot yesterday.i ALWAYS slay the stripers and blues fishing around all of those deeper piers across from thomas point parks.i think its the south side of the river?not sure but turkey point is a great place for perch 2.last year i cot a 15.5 inch perch on softshell crab while fishinng fpr stirp in sleby bay.in the fall the stirps can be seen jumping in selby bay and i have cot upwards of 40 biggest than 20 inches in a day on swimbiats and topwater plugs.i also do a longisland style fishing called chunking at the mouth of the south.in the fall i catch menhaeden around 10 inches with me cast net and cut them into or 4 pieces and drift them on a fishfinder rig.im going out 2day after my vision appointment.im not going on the yak tho due 2 rhe storms in the area.just on the pier .im going 2 see if i cant get any spot or croaker.the pier where i fish is only 6 foot.but i catch alot of croaker and spot

Comment

Working...
                          X