X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is 8# test mono on the main OK?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I'd go 10lb test at least, if not braid. I use 10lbs HI-Seas Quattro and it's really great stuff. If a fish goes in the weeds (even just dives straight down) it's much better to be confident in your line. As I'm sure you know sometimes a 3lb fish has a mouthful of 4lbs of weeds.
      www.anglerswithoutborders.com
      Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

I have gone to 40 pound Power Pro braid- when you have one wrapped around three lilly pads you want to be able to sink your Kayak before the line breaks-
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          I have gone to 40 pound Power Pro braid- when you have one wrapped around three lilly pads you want to be able to sink your Kayak before the line breaks-
          Ditto. As Capt Mike would say when you get a lure hung up in the spatterdock, and you will, "they all come back."

Comment

Originally posted by kanvery View Post
            I'd go 10lb test at least, if not braid. I use 10lbs HI-Seas Quattro and it's really great stuff. If a fish goes in the weeds (even just dives straight down) it's much better to be confident in your line. As I'm sure you know sometimes a 3lb fish has a mouthful of 4lbs of weeds.
            What did your snakehead measure? I think it is the largest caught in the group that we know of so I would like to add it to the record fish Leaderboard!

Comment

I am determined to get a big snakehead-i've caught just about everything else so I am not the least bit interested in anything else but the snakeheads right now- until I succeed in landing a (and frying up) a big one.

Pinch - what software do you use to edit your GoPro videos? Final Cut Pro? Suggestions? The Sunfish camera mount from YakAttack is a quality product especially teamed up with the Mighty Mount system...makes over the shoulder GoPro vids easy to make....
              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I use Serif movie plus x5
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Snakehead was 24" +/- 1/4" I never weighed it though. I could've sworn someone caught a bigger one than that.
                  www.anglerswithoutborders.com
                  Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

Working...
                  X