Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speckled trout in the south river!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speckled trout in the south river!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys last year on my pier trying 2 catch some menhaden and minnows for bluefish bait with my cast net. AND I COT A 7 INCH SPECKLED TROUT IN THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was the only speck i have v=ever cot north of plo.has anybody else ever cot specks in our area around thomas point or the bridge?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
    hey guys last year on my pier trying 2 catch some menhaden and minnows for bluefish bait with my cast net. AND I COT A 7 INCH SPECKLED TROUT IN THE NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was the only speck i have v=ever cot north of plo.has anybody else ever cot specks in our area around thomas point or the bridge?
    Back about 1990 and a few years before and after, there was a very good run of trout in the fall. They were big trout, well in the 20" range. I could catch 20+ fish in a morning. However, they have since been caught up by nets. Back then I would troll from my center console, white bucktails with a twister tail near the bottom. It was fun fishing. There were also stripers mixed in. Of course, we used to have a good spring run of big blues, 14 to 19lbs.

When my wife retires, I have got to move to Florida.

Comment

HAH.yeah.im moving 2 nc wen i turn 18 . my dad cot a 21 pouind blues like 15 years ago around thomas point i think.im saving for a 19ft center console carolina skiff.are u going our 2day?

Comment

Originally posted by kayak456 View Post
        HAH.yeah.im moving 2 nc wen i turn 18 . my dad cot a 21 pouind blues like 15 years ago around thomas point i think.im saving for a 19ft center console carolina skiff.are u going our 2day?
        No. I'm working today. I go in a 4:00 for a store inventory. No more fishing till Monday. I might go smallmouth bass fishing, given my luck in the South River this year so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
          No. I'm working today. I go in a 4:00 for a store inventory. No more fishing till Monday. I might go smallmouth bass fishing, given my luck in the South River this year so far.
          hah.ive been casting swimbaits at birds and leting it sink to the lazy stripers bemath the blues.try that instead of trolling

Comment

Working...
          X