Point Lookout 8/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Lookout 8/6

I will be fishing PLO this Saturday with the fam. I'll be fishing from shore and yaks. Ill be paired with a blue yak and a tan yak. Give me a shout if any of you fellow yakkers are out there. I will keep yall posted on the report.
    Hobie Outback
    WS Tarpon
    IG: #liveyakfish

Good luck- I try to avoid weekend at state parks- they get so crowded with immigrants and rowdies that use foul language around kids and women that get me in trouble.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Ron I'm just the opposite. I love being around those guys on the weekends...though I do prefer the sober guys. Reminds me of my years living in Guatemala.....which I miss.
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Just don't bring the wife and daughter- when I am by myself, it doesn't bother me- I am just "old school" about respect for women and kids with bad language- I have a "potty mouth" being an old fleet sailor but I am mindful of it and tone it down around mixed company. Younger folks seem to use the "F" word and the "MF" words like you and I use "the" and "and."

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          Just don't bring the wife and daughter- when I am by myself, it doesn't bother me- I am just "old school" about respect for women and kids with bad language- I have a "potty mouth" being an old fleet sailor but I am mindful of it and tone it down around mixed company. Younger folks seem to use the "F" word and the "MF" words like you and I use "the" and "and."
          i do hate foul language......guess i just dont seem to hear that much....in english. I wouldn't stick around with my daughter if i did

Comment

You know the crowd wasn't that bad. I think it was the wind and potential storm brewing. I didnt know it was going to be that windy. I brought the yaks but said forget it after we saw the wave caps. Don't you hate it when people show up when it's pitch black out and try to get close to your lantern light. That didn't last long!

So we get there at about 4pm just in time for the incoming high at 8. Spot on BWs started picking up. Blue action was limited with about 4 caught on live bait (shrimp, cut spot). We set up shop by the lighthouse btw, Bay side. Croaker was also caught on BW. Fishing was slow throughout the night but we still decided to stay until morning and thats when the fun began!!!

6am Sunday morning, incoming tide and I decide to try artificial. Water was calm enough to yak but too lazy/tired to put in. Started with gulp swimming mullet and bam tail gets bitten and def a solid bite. Used a couple more but tired of bitten tails so switched to jerk shad. That was the ticket. I caught about 7 blues, 3 were keepers, and 6 stripers of which 2 were keepers. 19 and 20 inches. I also used a Kastmaster for the pesky blues.

Fish total: 1 croaker, 15 spot, 7 blues, 2 stripers. My fiancé also helped contribute to the count! Looking forward to the next trip!
            Hobie Outback
            WS Tarpon

Comment

A couple pics will follow soon!
              Hobie Outback
              WS Tarpon

Comment

have'nt done an overnight at PLO for over a year....you make it sound tempting

Comment

Same here Kevin. I fished the eastern side of the Bay most of last yr. Fishing has been great this yr.
                  Hobie Outback
                  WS Tarpon

Comment

Pics of our catches. The rest was in the cooler.

Hobie Outback
                    WS Tarpon

Comment

Good fishing- all you needed was a Spanish mackerel and a flounder and you would have had a Bay slam!

Comment

Working...
                      X