Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattawoman Creek, Slow Sunday

Tufnik with a catfish he caught while untangling a birdnest-

He thought it would be cool to hold an imaginary fish- funny thing was he had a fish and didn't know it-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Tough day on the creek- don't know why but the frankenfish are still having feeding issues- I had one stalk a frog twety five feet from the boat and then just not hit- Tufnik got one to hit and hang on to his frog but it was hooked- just holding on the the plastic- Tufnik took pictures-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

No snakeheads today 8/7/11

Wx wasn't bad at all. Just warm, humid. No rain. Cloudy. We hit the water at 10 am.

Like Ron said, very slow. I saw no snakeheads or bass. Got no hits either, after about five hours on the water.

To relieve my butt pain, I parked my yak on the weeds next to this iron wreak platform and stood on the platform to cast. As I brought the frog lure in on one of the casts, this water snake attacked my lure just 10' from me. It let go and I continued to cast. During the following retrievals, it showed up and attacked the frog several times. The snake finally realized the frog was just a plastic thing, and it avoided the lure.

On the way back to the pier, Ron and I trolled. Almost to the pier, I realized my crankbait hit a snag and spooled the reel to the end. The line snapped at the spool, but I got hold of it and tied it back on the spool. Ron had gone to the ramp already when I reeled the line back in to find a surprise. This "snag" turned out to be a catfish, which saved me from a skunk.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tufnik; 08-07-2011, 08:36 PM.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

We'll get'um next time, Ron.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
        X