No announcement yet.

question... braid & leaders ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should be sitting on a rod, strapped in to a 12/0 Senator with 117 pound test greenspot dacron-smoking drag and wondering if the line will break at the bottom of the thousand yards on Rodanthe fishing pier about 2 a.m. on a cool October night...I got spooled twice in one weekend- back then it was about $220.00 worth of line...using half a skate for bait on a double 14/0 welded eye hook setup with 20 feet of 1/16 stainless aircraft control cable leader- Sharks were just too big to catch off a pier...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Ron that sounds freaking intense! I don't have the patience for bait and wait, guess it's an affliction of my generation or a result of growing up fishing for bluegills and trout... but I would much rather fish with light tackle and lures and catch a ton of small spunky fish than wait for days for a chance at a large one. I guess I'm moving closer to that type of fishing as I start to think about drowning eels for cobia and big rock though.

I just picked up some 10lb power pro last night... I'm excited to see how that plays out!
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Bait is the most effective way to fish- you cover more ground tossing lures and catch a lot of fish, but natural bait like menhaden, live eels or live lining spot catch the big girls....especially if you pair that up with chumming...night time fishing next to deep drop offs on tide changes gets the clicker squealing...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X