EPIC day Roosevelt Inlet, DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPIC day Roosevelt Inlet, DE

Fished with Jason (Delawhere?) at the inlet for my first time. Got on the water about 7:30 am. At first fishing was pretty slow. We worked the Jetty and inside shore line with not much to show for.

Eventually, Jason stayed inside the inlet working the creek area that was dumping into the inlet and I decided to try the north jetty again. Tide was running out good now. I casted up to the jetty and jigged the bottom back to the kayak. As I reached the last 25 yards of the jetty... BAM... big hit... work it it in slow and steady... use my net and there it is what ended up measured 25 Inches and 5lbs!! A doormat!! MY first citation on the YAK!!

Of course no camera though since I got it wet last week, but I think I'm gonna make the Coastal Fisherman Mag, so hopefully I'll be able to steal my photo from there.

I caught another keeper a little over 18 inches. Jason caught one around 20 inches along with another 9 throwbacks. we both caught a few croaker as well. We were only out until about noon.

Gonna eat well tonight!! Then celebrate at Seacrets!!

Nice fish and report. Next time at the beach I am going to have to try roosevelt inlet.
    Keith Romanowski
    Red Hobie Outback

Comment

Not the best picture. It was taken with my phone (Thanks Jason).

But here is the 25 incher. I'm holding it awkwardly and it kinda looks small... tough haha
      Attached Files

Comment

nice what were you using? jig head and gulp?

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          nice what were you using? jig head and gulp?
          3/4 oz white jig head/chartreuse gulp swimming mullet

White gulp for the other keeper though

Comment

nice man...congrats

hopefully we'll tear em up this weekend!
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Awesome job with the catches. I love flounder...Thai style! Yum!
              Hobie Outback
              WS Tarpon
              IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

Nice job! Hope to hit one like that on Saturday!

Comment

TOLD YOU GUYS! very few people fish those jetties and they are loaded with flounder.

Nice fish! I've hooked a few that were monsters there and lost them close to the yak. Always catch at least 1 keeper when I go there.

Jason

Comment

another great day on the water !!! congrats!!! ""tight lines always my friends""

Comment

Excellent catch Matt. I hope you get another big one during the meet and greet.
                      John Veil
                      Annapolis
                      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

heading down on the 19th, much nicer during the week without the boat traffic but gotta work to fish be careful up in the broadkill r. up past the no wake zone there are some big sport fishers coming out that dont care what their wakes do some of those wakes will put you in the reeds about 2' ashore if your close to the bank. good flounder and trout there too

Comment

Anyone plan to go to RI, Sat, 13 Aug?
                          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Gonna be fishing the OC inlet areas. a 29 and 27 inch flounder was caught there last week.

Comment

Great job on the citation. That's one hell of a flounder.

Comment

Working...
                              X