Tagged fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tagged fish

I went out Sat AM to the BB and caught a 18in rockfish that was tagged. The tag "apparently" had been in the fish for a long time. The tag had some sort of growth all over it to the point that I couldn't easily tell that it was a tag. I tried to read what the tag said but couldn't make it out. There was so much growth on the tag that it must have been quit a burden for the fish to swim around with it. I would have thought that the tags resisted marine growth.
    Keith Romanowski
    Red Hobie Outback

I caught a redfish a few years ago in Lake Pontchatrain that had the same issue- The tagged fish would have been worth $38K had I been entered in the Texas/LA Redfish rodeo.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I caught one at the bay bridge the other week, I cut the tag off bc it wasmaking a sore/infection. It also had alof of growth. After reading it, they wanted it cut anyway and returned. I will post a photo up later in another report, I was wItinv for a few photos from that day to be sent to me but I'm still waiting

Comment

Originally posted by missedshed View Post
        I caught one at the bay bridge the other week, I cut the tag off bc it wasmaking a sore/infection.

Why didn't I think of that?
        Keith Romanowski
        Red Hobie Outback

Comment

Funny b/c I did the same thing at first tried to read it and clean it. Than the lightbulb went off in my head and decided to cut it. It wasn't a diamond jim as I was able to see it was a nj tag and it was a different style. Its from the american littoral society and usually they want them back anyway for research data. My first tagged fish.

Comment

Working...
          X