Lewes Flatties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewes Flatties

Based on the reports of good action at roosevelt inlet (special thanks to Chirotrout and others for their reports!) I decided to head down friday afternoon and fish the inlet friday evening and sat morning. Never fished the inlet before but i was impressed with the quantity and size of the flat stuff there especially for late summer when most of the keepers are usually in deep water. Took a little while to figure things out but managed three keepers friday and an awesome limit of 18.5-20 inch fish by 8am sat morning. White gulp grubs and jerk shads were working great. Also had luck with a plain old strip of fish meat alone and combo w/ gulp (flounder belly is my favorite). Only saw one other kayak fishing, but lots of small skiffs were also working the area. For anyone who wants to fish the inlet I would recommend bringing plenty of extra tackle, lots of snags due to the strong current and submerged rocks. But all in all this is a great, easy to access, and highly productive spot. I will definitely be back there before the end of the season!
    Attached Files

Nice fish, its a great place there. And Delawhere? said the current usually isn't that strong. Most likely due to the full moon.

We managed 3 keepers on the 10th between the two of us just fishing for about 4 hours.

Comment

Now thats some good eats right there
      '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
      '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
      Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

Nice Muldoon!

Roosevelt Inlet is my favorite yak'n area! Nice job on the keepers, it's good to see they have moved back in. They disappeard when it got real hot for a while. Going to get on'em tonight and hopefully some schoolie stripes after dark. They are a blast on an 8 weight fly rod!

Jason

Comment

nice flatties!
          Hobie Revolution 13
          Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Glad you had a productive morning. I have limited before others started fishing in the morning several times this season around the inlet and other spots in Lewes.

What tide did you fish?

Jason

Comment

Fished the incoming tide both days.

Comment

nice job! i hope they are still there on saturday, and all this rain doesnt cloud the water too much

Comment

nice fish!

Comment

Great job!!

Those are some real nice flounder.

How long do you think the flounder will stick around the inlet? I need to get my butt up there. I'm having a flounder fit and need a fix.

Thanks for the report.

Comment

looks like MKF is going to invade RI this weekend bring your orange shirts or the older blood stained ones

Comment

Working...
                      X