X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rainy day blues

what to do when its pouring out? make some bucktails, teasers and flies
    Attached Files

Looks like you stayed busy Surf, nice bucktails. I went down to Jonas Green to give it a try. The rain stopped there around 8 and the thunder stopped around 0830. Pedaled around for a bit to check the place out and caught 3 perch and released them. The sun was out for a couple of hours. Wrapped it up around 1.
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Looking good! I was thinking about tying some marabou flies and putting them on dropper loops to jig around the pilings. Lots of small bait around so it would be nice to match the profile and still be able to fish deep. Might have to follow your lead!
      Used to fish more.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
        Looking good! I was thinking about tying some marabou flies and putting them on dropper loops to jig around the pilings. Lots of small bait around so it would be nice to match the profile and still be able to fish deep. Might have to follow your lead!
        thanks, dont give away all the secerts

sheild, got some wicked thunderstorms about 11 in columbia pretty wicked weather today.

Comment

I see you have been busy! Your skills are improving Grasshopper! I particularly like the Electric Chicken!!

Comment

Very nice. Have you tried flies with circle hooks yet? I tied a bunch last winter but haven't tested them out yet.
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Looking good and i like the hackle added to the buck-tails. Nice touch those are sure to catch.

Comment

Originally posted by Grady-Black View Post
                I see you have been busy! Your skills are improving Grasshopper! I particularly like the Electric Chicken!!
                thanks GB your teachings have taken root. found some stuff called loon soft head at anglers, puts a nice top coat on the threads

Bill, i've tied a bunch but havent got them wet yet, soon very soon!

need to melt some more lead my supply of jig heads is dwindling and will probably loose most of them at KN this fall.
                Last edited by surfdog; 08-16-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Hmmph I still have yet to be schooled to the ways of the GB Lures Inc.!! LOL Those look great Surfdog! I definitely want to get into it this Winter...

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                    Hmmph I still have yet to be schooled to the ways of the GB Lures Inc.!! LOL Those look great Surfdog! I definitely want to get into it this Winter...
                    Tsk .... tsk ......... you still have a couple of rods to build .........

Hmmmm ........ and I have about 50 to build ........ nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                      thanks james. we will get together and get some more secrets out of him. still need to get him too show me the proper way to use the fly rod

Comment

Working...
                      X