Dont swing bluefish into kayak!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont swing bluefish into kayak!!!

Went to Lewes Canal last night (8/15) to get some schoolie Striper action and wasn't disappointed. The Tide (incoming) was perfect for fishing under the lights and they were bustin on silver sides and tiny 1" crabs all over the top. Surprise of the night came when I swung a blue into the yak and it came unbuttoned flopping right at me! Happens a lot but they usually stay by my feet where I can move. This one came right to my crotch before, well I had no where to go! In the blink of an eye I felt a chomp where one never want to feel a chomp !!! First time I almost flipped! Yes, I screamed like a girl. I caught as many 14-18" stripers as I wanted for a few hours and went home tired and low on plastics. Fun stuff.

Jason

lolol.....at least there was no permanent damage, as of yet.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

That is amazing. Noted...

Comment

Wow ......... a gay bluefish wanting to join the tea party ..........

Next time don't forget the net .......

Other than the excitement ........ it sounds like a fun night

Comment

Ouch

I had a experience with a pissed striper with 2 sets of trebles attached to its face between my legs last year. I don't know how my waders or worse did not get ripped.

Comment

Dude, you almost got "Bobbitsized" by a blue fish..
            08' Hobie Revolution - Ivory Dune

Comment

I caught a croaker that flopped out and flopped into the leg of my shorts. i grabbed its tail and it just pushed it farther up my short leg until it got to my junk. The gill plates on a croaker are prehisotic and sharp. They can slip forward easy, but grip onto soft surfaces like your balls when they go backwards. TO this day my wife does not understand why i wear compression shorts under my bathing suit in the kayak. I doubt it would stop a bite from a blue fish, but it keeps my boyz secure.

Comment

After that, you may have not had any other choice, than to scream like a girl.

Comment

Sorry to laugh at your pain, but these stories cracked me up. A buddy of mine had bluefish take a bite out of the crotch of his waders. It missed everything important, but he still had a hole to patch. I haven't had any close calls in this regard, so I'm probably due...

Unlike a lot of fish species, bluefish can actually see as well out of the water as in the water--so they can actually aim at you. I had an 18-incher bite my thumb after I unhooked it, the little ingrate.
                  Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                  Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

......... did he spit or swallow

Comment

Originally posted by DOGFISH View Post
                      After that, you may have not had any other choice, than to scream like a girl.
                      .......... uh ...........that's cause he became a girl .........
                      Last edited by Memory Maker; 08-16-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Wow ...... thanks for the report ............ sounds like the bluefish were ........ (wait for it .... wait for it ...... drumroll) ......... a little BRISK ......

Comment

yikes, might need to invest in a plastic jock strap

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                            ......... did he spit or swallow
                            LOL!!!

Now, you guys, a bluefish can see out of water as well as he can see in the water. Look into those yellow eyes... He ain't happy to be out of water! His only defense is... teeth. Try this at home after catching one... lay him on the deck and wave a rag in front of his face. See what happens. Now, substitute "rag" for body parts...

Well, this bay really does not have "bluefish". There are "snapper blues", sure, but bluefish...? maybe at one time. But a snapper can still take a chunk outta ya! Grab 'em behind the head...

Comment

Dang....I did not think about this when I landed the bluefish at OC. The guys in the boat insisted I use a net, but I just flopped it onto my deck between the legs. Luckily I don't have a funny story to tell about it =).
                              Sun Fishin'

Comment

Working...
                              X