Bb 8/19/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb 8/19/2011

Didn't get out till late, finally first cast was around 1. I hit the eastern span and nothing and decided to try some of the double pilings...drifted a few and also nothing. The tide was going out but I was being blown on an angle upcurrent. Finally around 2:15 i hooked one...tried a few times more and next one took off. It kept running and running, I couldn't get it to turn and my reel was just running line out to it. Than the next thing I know my line snapped. Damn, all I know it had to be bigger than the 27 inche ones b/c I couldn't get it to turn at all. When the line finally snapped it had ran a good 100 yards out. Oh, well. I also caught one around 20inches. I was hoping to stay until about 5 at least but a storm started to roll through just around Annapolis...one of the boats came up and advised me. I checked again and sure enough it was popping up. Right as I got to about Hemmingways I heard some thunder. It appeard to have just passed to the south. When I was pulling out someone else was pulling in. Hopefully the storms pass to the south. I also need a gopro to take photos, its a pain with the Iphone.

Sucks loosing one along with the line, but you still had a keeper before the storm.

What is the bar going across the front of your yak? Is that something you can mount items, such as Ram mounts or rod holders?

Don
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

yeah, its stuff to mount stuff to but I really don't use it. It had a rod holder on it but I put a new one on closer. I now use it to help lifting the kayak....its one of the older plastics and it weighs too much.

All the fish are swimming to be caught again later. Just out relaxing.....

Comment

nice....what lures where u using?
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Jerk shads, white, grey color

Comment

Working...
          X