No announcement yet.

Fishing Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was as bad as I have seen, Steve...really slow...we hit the tide OK, but the bite was off..there were four of us and I got my first skunk of 2018 and the second skunk Lady Luck has ever had..three fish were caught, all eaters...but it was way, way off from any trip I have had at the Creek...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Sorry to hear that. At least you guys got out.
      2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        It was as bad as I have seen, Steve...really slow...we hit the tide OK, but the bite was off..there were four of us and I got my first skunk of 2018 and the second skunk Lady Luck has ever had..three fish were caught, all eaters...but it was way, way off from any trip I have had at the Creek...
        That's a bummer to hear Ron. Like Steve said though I hope you guys enjoyed the time on water. Any theories about what caused the bite to be off after it was on for the previous weeks?
        Matt
        Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
        2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
        10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Yeah, should have launched at 6:30 am...and the weather front...and a full moon waning...and the...
          It is called fishing for a reason...like a lot of things in life...the fish were not “in the mood”

Comment

It was fun being on the water and educational being with Ron. Of course every trip has a story. I’ve got two lines out and one goes down. In my excitement I forget to reel in line two which of course immediately gets tangled with line one, it’s like the fish knows ��. So I get fish one to the boat and it’s a holy mess of tangled braid, hooks and sinker. As I’m trying to untangle the braid, which we know is no easy task, line two goes down. Struggling to boat fish one, untangle the mess and not lose fish two, my phone rings. No big deal for most but I’m an airline pilot on call and need to be phone available. So I throw fish one in the yak, grab the phone and its robo call, god I hate those. I get back to trying to untangle my mess and just give up and cut the line making sure I don’t cut fish two free. I then “hand” reel in fish two - a nice blue cat. Put him on the stringer and come out on top of the man vs nature struggle. The rest of the day is nothing but peace and quiet.

Thanks again Ron for all the help and advice.

Comment

I launched out of Slavins @ 1330pm

Lost two 22-24" blue cats at the yak, and landed a REALLY nice crappie.

[img]

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Even though the fish just didn't want to bite (at least not my hooks), it was great to be out on the water and not at work. Even more so, Thank you Ron for the great instruction and advice out there. I will put it to good use and snag one of those blue cats before long!
                Mike

2020 Hobie Outback - Camo

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                  Ill bet down creek there was gillnets galore, putting a damper on the cats.
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
                    Ill bet down creek there was gillnets galore, putting a damper on the cats.
                    We saw two gillnet boats coming down the creek and going past the launch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X