No announcement yet.

Anybody heading out tomorrow afternoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody heading out tomorrow afternoon?

The general concensus seems to say that fishing is generally very good before a big storm. I am trying to make a trip friday afternoon. I am thinking of going to the bay bridge or key bridge. I have not fished the key bridge area yet. Is anyone interested in hitting the key bridge area that has some experience in that area?

Saturday AM may be a possibility too, but building winds could stifle that outing...
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

I'm thinking about the BB East Side for early Friday morning. Depends on wx forecast.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

ill be hitting up the bridge after work around 6pm
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

As I didn't get to fish last weekend and this weekend is looking like a bust, I'm thinking about an early launch to catch the morning outgoing. But, I'll be keeping my eye on the forecast......

Comment

I will not be able to get out of work early enough to make it out tomorrow afternoon, but Im hopefully going somewhere Saturday am... Anybody else fishing saturday AM?
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I plan on trying to fish somewhere... haven't decided yet... either bay bridge, herring bay (perching), or my lake for some largemouth, bluegill, crappie.

Comment

Fished ES BB this morning with my friend Brian looking to catch the bite on the outgoing tide. Arrived at 5:30 a.m. and while unloading I realized that I had not packed paddles and PFD for my friend, who was using my 2nd kayak. So, I put him on the water with my gear and made the round trip to Greenbelt to get my gear- in 67 minutes (a new personal best). I made it out to the bridge by 7:00 and my friend had 2 bites and 2 nice stripers, 27.99" and 30". I pounded both spans and caught 1 fish of 25" but it had some mycobacterium lesions so I released it. Overall, today's striper bite was pretty underwhelming. Moved inshore and found a good perch bite and both of us kept 6 nice, over 10" perch. My best was 12.5" and Brian's best was almost 14"!

Saw lots of coastal migrants heading west. Hope the hurricane doesn't mess up the fishing too much.

Steve

Comment

Those are big perch!! I fished Holland Point just north of Chesapeake Beach with my buddy on his brand new Hobie Outback. We fished for about 2 hours. Caught a lot of spot and perch, biggest was Luke's 11 1/4 incher. Then we casted Rat L traps and spoons at some schoolie rock and blues for a little and caught a few each biggest rock about 14inches.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by CB kayak 02; 08-26-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Im heading out tomorrow, but staying a little closer to home because of the approaching weather. I can't decide between Severn out of JGSP and Patapsco Fort Armistead. We'll see what happens.
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I made it out this morning before the sky opened. I crabbed and fished on the Severn. I did ok catching about a dozen Perch and a dozen crabs, but I was expecting it to be really good. Oh well, atleast I tried...
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Too many good days ahead for me to fudge
                      - figured to get out after the storm passes Monday or Tuesday afternoon late and see how the influx of a billion gallons of fresh water affects fishing...that should allow snakeheads to pretty much swim anywhere in the Bay to migrate into areas they haven't been, yet...
                      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

were do you plan on launching from?

wat day ?

wat time ?

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                        Too many good days ahead for me to fudge
                        - figured to get out after the storm passes Monday or Tuesday afternoon late and see how the influx of a billion gallons of fresh water affects fishing...that should allow snakeheads to pretty much swim anywhere in the Bay to migrate into areas they haven't been, yet...

Comment

Probably Mattawoman Creek or Port Tobacco River- depending on how much damage the storm does to the infrastructure- power lines, trees down, etc.

Our times for the worst of this are late tonight and early in the morning after midnight-
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                          X