Unicorn Lake and Ureville Lake Fishing 18 March 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unicorn Lake and Ureville Lake Fishing 18 March 2018

Hey all! First post here, but I've been reading others for a while. Thanks much for all the info shared!

Here's a breakdown of my report from bouncing around the Eastern Shore of Maryland on the 18th of March.

(1) Blackwater: saw lots of movement, but no bites in about 40 minutes of fishing the 335 bridge.

(2) Unicorn Lake Tailrace (Spillway): many Chain Pickerel, a couple trout (rainbows and a brown), large bluegill. No shad or perch spotted.

(3) Ureville Spillway: Some nice Crappie, large bluegill, small Largemouth Bass, Chain Pickerel, and a Golden Shiner.

Best baits were live minnows under a float and dropshot-rigged gulp fry 1" minnows.

For those interested, I've posted the video below. Have a good one!

(13) Total Collage Catch, Unicorn Tailrace and Ureville Spillway, 11 March 2018.jpg

Video Link:

Hey man! Good to see you post here! Thanks for the report, great info on a variety of spots. We will have to touch base soon and take that crappie trip or check out the Severn for rock. I've also been talking with Pat (yakscientist) about targeting snakehead sometime if you're interested.
    Matt
    Instagram: @sunrisekayakfishing
    2019 Vibe Sea Ghost 130- "The Blurple Nurple"
    10' Pelican Angler 100- "The Starter Kit"

Comment

Thanks much Matt!

I'll send you a text in a few so we can set it up

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by http://visitdorchester.org/blackwater-fishing/ View Post
        Boats are allowed within refuge boundaries from April 1 – September 30.
        Be careful, blackwater only allows water vessels Apr 1st - Sept 30th

caveat - i didnt watch the entire video, you may be shore fishing whish is allowed.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Thanks much, and yes, was only shore-fishing at the time. Looking forward to April 1st though

Comment

You may operate your boat in navigable waters, year round.
            Boats may only be operated in non-navigable refuge waters April 1st through September 30th; per Code of MD Regulations Title 8 Subchapter 18 Chapter 36 Regulation 2. (See Map for Details)

Anyone may launch a boat at the refuge maintained soft launch (no trailers) located on MD Rt. 335 at the Blackwater River. Additionally, public boat ramps such as Shorter’s Wharf Boat Ramp, Smithville Boat Ramp, Taylors Island Boat Ramp, and the Madison Boat Ramp can also be used. Hunters, with permission from the land owner, may launch boats from private land adjacent to the refuge. Shortcutting across refuge property from a road way to launch a boat is not permitted; launching and recovering of boats must occur at public boat ramps. (See Map for Details)

https://www.fws.gov/uploadedImages/R...Map.jpg?n=6138
            2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
            LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Thanks for that update, and contradictory to what i've been told in the past. The map is very clear/defined.
              Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
              X